Rear hub bearings falling apart under bike weight and torque

coinmaster said:
The only e-bike specific parts are electric motors or hyped crap.
I dunno is https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/family/ex1#sm.0001r8lqfb4t8ejzxze2iii1vj9l4 hyped?

Well, yes. Because those aren't e-bike parts; they're bike parts. There doesn't appear to be anything about them that makes them specific to e-bikes except that SRAM said so.

If I call some bike parts "e-bike specific", will you pay extra for them?

What you scared of. ? Some people have extra bike parts like rear wheels and things. Plus advice. Problem is sometime advice is hard to swallow.

Well, yes. Because those aren't e-bike parts; they're bike parts. There doesn't appear to be anything about them that makes them specific to e-bikes except that SRAM said so.

If I call some bike parts "e-bike specific", will you pay extra for them?

Not saying you're wrong but you clearly didn't read the descriptions.

This thread is pure gold. Let the guy throw good money after bad, it's a free country.

Tell me which of those parts wouldn't work just as well on a pedal only bike. The Bosch style crank maybe? They're just bike parts. Really expensive ones.

Just got my bike back, took some pictures so you can see what it is
https://imgur.com/a/3qj3m
All the parts say shimano on it and the frame says genesis so I guess I was wrong about it being brandless.

What's humorous is that you guys keep making definitive statements before you've even seen the bike.

Tell me which of those parts wouldn't work just as well on a pedal only bike.
Ya' know if you just read it you could answer these questions for yourself.
It's not about whether or not it will "work" with a pedal bike, it's that it has supposedly been designed to handle low cadence high torque, with longer chain links and more space between gears and such, whatever that is supposed to do.

This thread has been cracking me up for sure.

We are pretty familiar with what is on the rack at Walmart. Until you showed us what it was, we assumed it was a Kent, Genesis, Roadmaster, Mogoose, or other low price shit bike.

FWIW, current retail on a hardtail genesis at Walmart, is $139. That makes it a "bike shaped object". Cheap ass frame, cheap ass wheels, etc. The worst part on them is usually the crank, which fortunately is now gone. And now a better rear wheel, presumably with the bearings assembled right.

Other components are better than usual, so this bike may have sold for as much as $200 new. Doesn't have the crappy twist shifters, or the bottom of the line derailleur.

If he can learn to notice when his wheel is falling off and stop riding, it will last.

Back