Rear Hub Motor - Build or Buy

But is it Keto?
:lol:
Spork

999zip999 said:
I gave him a link for used LG cells in the youth section of endless sphere
15ah 10c cell $10.00 ea
no spot welder need it you can just both these things together between aluminum and plastic blocks. Will 14s fit in the triangle you don't have to make a box out of cardboard the size of the cells see if it fits in the triangle ? I also gave you a building link for pouch cells. I just can't buy them and put them together for you. Spoon feed.
I even chewed it first for easy swallowing.

999zip999 said:
Eastwood and gupp you both NEED a torque arm so you don't spit it.

There’s torque arms on’s on the hub motor if you’re referring to that picture I posted. There’s torque arms on both sides. They’re just not the ones with the hose clamp Tiedowns. They’re actually bolted to the frame

Chalo said:
gupperino said:
abt 150 for battery build

Um, that seems like just enough to be disappointed when you put it together. What did you have in mind? Salvaging waste cells, going without BMS, not using a proper case?

I sometimes come across used commercial batteries in that price range, but that's a really low price even for salvage.

Salvaged cells, yes BMS, and yes to shark case <3. I can do it for 150 to 200 and be pleased when I put it together. I'm not an ebike purist, if I do the math right then 5/piece 20C brand new fresh out of the child's hands cells won't offer me any practical benefit over affordable, salvaged scooter cells. I'm not making a bomber, just kind of a goofy, basic setup. I'm not worried about meeting exact budget restraints, I'll play it by ear and spend what I need to, wait if I need to, and be happy <3

Eastwood said:
999zip999 said:
Eastwood and gupp you both NEED a torque arm so you don't spit it.

There’s torque arms on’s on the hub motor if you’re referring to that picture I posted. There’s torque arms on both sides. They’re just not the ones with the hose clamp Tiedowns. They’re actually bolted to the frame

Eastwood could you link what torque arms you're using, sorry if you did and I missed it lol. I was gonna check out grintech later down the line but if you're using something you like I'd love to hear about it.

gupperino said:
Eastwood could you link what torque arms you're using, sorry if you did and I missed it lol. I was gonna check out grintech later down the line but if you're using something you like I'd love to hear about it.

Well the torque arms I’m using for both my E bikes are somewhat modified, only used the part that connects around the axle and then drilled a hole through it to be able to bolt into a pre-existing threaded hole into the frame. Here’s another picture of my other bike you can see the torque on better

https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/torque-arms.html

Attachments

• D2D41D8D-07D4-46AA-9E0D-31D71001C4A4.jpeg
    D2D41D8D-07D4-46AA-9E0D-31D71001C4A4.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 105
Back