Removing speed restriction Wisper 905

HarryS

1 µW
Hi all

I am new here. Was googling about de restricting ebikes and ended up here.

I have a Wisper 905 Torque which currently has a top speed restriction of 15 mph. How would I go about removing this?

I am in the UK, and would use the higher speed off road.

Many thanks for any advise.

Harry

HarryS said:
Hi all

I am new here. Was googling about de restricting ebikes and ended up here.

I have a Wisper 905 Torque which currently has a top speed restriction of 15 mph. How would I go about removing this?

I am in the UK, and would use the higher speed off road.

Many thanks for any advise.

Harry

google
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26bzx-c5WvE

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I do not have that option on my controller. The guy who found he could access that screen, just got lucky it seems..

That is why you do not buy any store ebike.
If you would have been smarter, building your own ebike would have gotten you a way better ebike!

It seems like the limit is software driven. So getting access to that screen is what you'll need to do if the idea is to keep the bike otherwise stock. My KT LCD5 has a similar setting and it simply monitors the motor rpm - converts that to speed based on wheel diameter, and cuts power when the speed limit is set. I've set mine to the maximum allowed here in AZ (45 kph). From what the video showed, the Wisper system is very similar. So no tweak of the throttle, battery voltage etc is likely to make a difference. I suppose you could increase your wheel size, but then you won't have the correct indicated speed or distance and you'll have all the other issues that increasing wheel size will bring. So I think you pretty much need to figure out how to get your controller/LCD into "maintenance", "diagnostics" or whatever mode the video guy lucked into. A good place to look might be for a service manual for your bike model and year.

Go to page 55 and see if this white wire loop they mention applies to your bike or not.

https://manualzz.com/doc/1495272/wisper-705eco-service-manual

Maybe this will help.
https://wisperbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2016-Torque-LCD-Manual.pdf

Also, it may be possible to purchase a generic XT-LCD W108 display that might work with your controller and provide easy access to the LSPD mode (assuming the manual above doesn't get you into that setting).

HarryS said:
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I do not have that option on my controller. The guy who found he could access that screen, just got lucky it seems..

His reply to one of the comments below the video says:
"The screen to change the speed appeared after I had the bike serviced - I think the bike shop did the service and "forgot" to block the opportunity to change the speed."

Maybe there's some kind of code or sequence that puts it into service mode (and back).

E-HP said:
HarryS said:

His reply to one of the comments below the video says:
"The screen to change the speed appeared after I had the bike serviced - I think the bike shop did the service and "forgot" to block the opportunity to change the speed."

Maybe there's some kind of code or sequence that puts it into service mode (and back).

I believe you can get Wisper to remove the speed restriction but you will need to sign a disclaimer forfeiting any warranty you may have. If there was a sequence to get into the service menu settings it would be difficult to guess it....

HarryS said:
I believe you can get Wisper to remove the speed restriction but you will need to sign a disclaimer forfeiting any warranty you may have. If there was a sequence to get into the service menu settings it would be difficult to guess it....

Maybe. OTOH, there are only three buttons on the LCD controller.

Back