• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Replacing hub motor power/phase wires.

Fuzzy Head

1 mW
Hello

I was hoping to upgrade my hub motor over the half term holidays but looks like I have left it too long so I will do some much needed maintenance instead.

The wiring from my DC brushed motor to the controller gets warm, sometimes too warm when going up hill and as it is about 5 years old I will rewire it.

Problem is I don't know where to get the wiring I need. I would imagine that the strands would have to be very thin, as it would be constantly flexed by the steering, but the cable would have to be rated for maybe 30 amps. Where would I find a suitable cable or what do I put into the search engine?

Thanks

Fuzzy

For BLDC motors I use a 14ga Teflon run inside the motor axle connected to 12ga heavy duty appliance cable just outside the axle run to the controller.

I see you're a brushed motor but 12ga heavy duty appliance cable might serve you well although you wouldn't need all 3 conductors. Otherwise, look/search for fine stranded wire to handle front motor duty.

Back