Replacment Battery Case Parts?

new11

1 µW
Hi guys,
I am new here, I found this great site when looking for a few weeks for replacement parts.

I'm needing a new case for my ezee 28Ah battery pack (just the case excluding cells) but cannot find anywhere online or in-store to buy this part. The distributor for this bike brand is not really the greatest at responding to messages and other stores I've asked either don't stock the part or are unable to order it in.
I've only found one website that stocks and sells the part but they are in New Zeland.
https://ebiketeam.co.nz/shop/spares-parts/ezee-spare-parts/battery-case-for-ezee-battery-pack/

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this part either online or in store.
We live in Melbourne Australia so preferably a store/online store based in Australia.

Many thanks for any assistance or ideas in advance :)
P.s sorry If I've posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't too sure which one to post in.

Hi ebuilder,
Thanks for the reply.

That's some really good points that you make and it's given me some food for thought! :)
I'm pretty happy with the stock cradle/housing where the battery sits into as it of course is manufactored perfectly for the space where the large battery sits but it also has a pretty cool lock that puts a bolt through the back tire as well as a bolt through the back of the battery case securing it.

If I don't have any luck with the distributor, I might have to give your advice a go looking at suitable replacements. I'll have to reply once I'm back home and able to take some pictures but thanks again for the ideas! :)
Yeahh haha I bought the biggest battery I could, it's been pretty fun on the cargo bike.

If it's helpful, a google image search for that kind of casing finds a few hits for battery rebuilders that might have cases from battery rebuilds that did not work out. There's one listed in Nevada USA (sorry I already forgot the name), and others I didn't look to see where.

BTW, are you looking for a new case because of a problem with the old one, or just wanting to build a spare battery with it?

Back