Risunmotor (Sabvoton clone) error 30h help please

Gasmanrus

1 mW
Code:
 Hi, after doing a search on here & reading cautious similar posts (making sure programming plug is connected/ disconnected) I’m still getting an error 30h fault code in the display & a constant red flashing led. 

I have a new display screen & on/off/power selector switch & am still getting the same 30h faulty code when trying. 

there is no power going to the throttle positive & a tiny voltage (0.3v) at the halls. 

The doesn’t seem to be powering up either as it’s not appearing on my phone. 

Any help would be really appreciated!! Cheers!

Is this the unit?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Bike-45A-1000W-2000W-Sine-Wave-Intelligent-Controller-36V-72V-LCD/183957471067?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I had bought one of these and the 5V rail died, so I ended up returning it.

Yup that the one, I’ve contacted the seller & they’ve not been able to help & have stopped responding. Only lasted 6 months.. frustrating.

Hi, after doing a search on here & reading cautious similar posts (making sure programming plug is connected/ disconnected) I’m still getting an error 30h fault code in the display & a constant red flashing led.

I have a new display screen & on/off/power selector switch & am still getting the same 30h faulty code when trying.

there is no power going to the throttle positive & a tiny voltage (0.3v) at the halls.

Poor quality knock-off controller. Rip it out and replace it with a quality piece would be my advice.

Hi, yes ignition (e-ignition) bridge is in place.

This is the screen

https://youtu.be/fYuk_V5WZrI

What controller would you recommend? I have a 72v battery pack & MXUS 3k hub motor. I’d like reliability over a performance, maybe 80-100 amps would be plenty.
Thanks. Rus

Based on feedback I've read here, Nucular would be my first choice (though there is a waiting list) followed by ASI, then Mobipus. There is also the Phaserunner which I believe is an ASI product made for Grin ebikes that should be readily available if that suits your needs.

You can always grab a cheap Kelly or something to tide you over if you end up having to wait for the one you really want.

Edit:

I'm going by vague recollection here, but I seem to remember reading the 30h error being due to a blown resistor on the board in the display. Possibly due to a short in the phase/hall wiring? Again, vague recollection. Point being, while it's down, double check all of your phase and hall wires and meter them to be sure there isn't an issue there before connecting another controller. It would suck to immediately smoke another one.

You can also crack open one of the displays to see if you can find the aforementioned burned resistor too. If so you can try to replace it, make sure your wiring is all good, and give it another shot.

Gasmanrus said:
Hi, yes ignition (e-ignition) bridge is in place.

This is the screen

https://youtu.be/fYuk_V5WZrI

If the controller is on (seems to be since it's flashing), and your 5V rail is dead (no voltage on the positive leads of the throttle or PAS connectors), then the controller won't be sending a communications signal to the display, hence error code 30H.

HK12K said:
Based on feedback I've read here, Nucular would be my first choice (though there is a waiting list) followed by ASI, then Mobipus. There is also the Phaserunner which I believe is an ASI product made for Grin ebikes that should be readily available if that suits your needs.

You can always grab a cheap Kelly or something to tide you over if you end up having to wait for the one you really want.

Edit:

I'm going by vague recollection here, but I seem to remember reading the 30h error being due to a blown resistor on the board in the display. Possibly due to a short in the phase/hall wiring? Again, vague recollection. Point being, while it's down, double check all of your phase and hall wires and meter them to be sure there isn't an issue there before connecting another controller. It would suck to immediately smoke another one.

You can also crack open one of the displays to see if you can find the aforementioned burned resistor too. If so you can try to replace it, make sure your wiring is all good, and give it another shot.

Thanks for the advice on the controllers, I’ll take a look at nucular, I’d not heard of them before.

Back