Sabvoton 72100 Bluetooth problem

Mark Kirton

1 µW
Hi everybody,
I'm hoping for help with my new Sabvoton 72100 controller. My new E-bike build had gone well until yesterday. I'd done 32 fun filled miles when my bike suddenly stopped, with no error messages on display. Battery symbol showed about half full and voltage showed 71.4v. Confirmed with DVM to be correct. So, everything was fine until it dipped below 72v. Controller had green flashing LED. Re-charged battery (83.4v) LED now off and everything working again. So I'm thinking low voltage cut-off is set too high? I Plugged in Bluetooth adapter and connects just fine but no parameters including battery voltage. Everything shows 0. So I'm thinking I have no communication despite it being 'connected'. Can't do Hall test or anything. I have disconnected 3 pin connector as instructed. My version doesn't need the green end of line connector. Works with display plugged in. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Mark.

Hi rockstar195, Many thanks. But yes, I've already tried that. Done another 12 miles on bike since re-charge. Performs perfectly. Just no comms so can't get in to change/check parameters! Definitely a Bluetooth/comms problem???

Just to follow up on my Sabvoton communication problem; I've now tried every method of talking to the controller known to man. Android phone, Apple phone, iPad, Lap top and PC and every version of the app and operating systems. So I conclude my controllers comms port is damaged. Controller still works great on the bike. Only posting this in case anybody else gets this problem. Currently waiting for a replacement. Wish me luck!

have you opened up the controller? if not, it could be as simple as either a broken wire to the board inside, or even wires soldered to the wrong pads (like tx and rx swapped), or even not connected at all.

Hi amberwolf, sorry for the late reply. Haven't been here for a while. I suspect it is something along those lines. I'd be more than happy to take it apart and look but I'm currently waiting for the company to get back to me about it. I don't want to give them any excuse to not replace it. Bet I end up stripping it down and sorting it myself though!

Hey did you get any results? I'm on the same boat here. My controller starts and the TFT display will power on as normal.
but I am not able to see the device on Bluetooth,
On my laptop, I am able to connect to the controller but for some reason, my version of mqcon software is missing a lot of options i need...

You said that controller performance was fine without any programming?
im a little scared to just input raw values in the mqcon software and just trying it out... i would feel a lot safer if there was a motor detection button or hall detection like vesc tool.. i know the android app has it.. but i cant connect to bluetooth!!!@!

Back