Scott Ransom, carbon frame e-bike build

well my new build is going well
just love the bmc 4t motor and the new bmc controller works well with the hub motor
the carbon frame is holding up well its light total stealth look you can go past the boys in blue at 30mph :evil:
and they don't know that its electric thay just think you have superman.... fitness..... lol not bad for somebody with a bad heart
its running a 60v 10 amp a123 battery in a bag that clips onto the front carbon handlebars
i made a special bottom bracket to fit the kick stand to and it works like a dream
i just ordered a THULE TOUR Pack 'n' Pedal - Universal Fit Bike Rear Pannier Rack
this has the controller fitted to it the way i set it up was so it looks like a std rear rack
the rack fits to the rear suspension arms the rack is very light so will not damage the carbon rear arms
this leaves the rear seat post free to fit the rear light combo setup that has rear flashing red light
with led laser lines and indicators all in one unit
the best thing is this unit uses a wireless keypad from the handlebars and it all works like a dream :D
here are some more photos of it.
when it stops raining here in the uk
i will get it out and take some better photos of it and some videos of some road trips :twisted:

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyRJ!BRd4sT4V-w~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyRJ!BRd4sT4V-w~~60_12.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 1,099
carbon cranks and motor setup

Attachments

• 20131214_193233.jpg
    20131214_193233.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 20131214_193218.jpg
    20131214_193218.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 1,085
Looks nice rog, where in the UK are you? I'm designing 3d parts for my alu Scott ransom soon. Gonna get them printed at fab lab in Manchester. Also got some nice Electra townie mud guards to fit soon too.

whereswally606 said:
Looks nice rog, where in the UK are you? I'm designing 3d parts for my alu Scott ransom soon. Gonna get them printed at fab lab in Manchester. Also got some nice Electra townie mud guards to fit soon too.
that sounds like its going to be a cool looking build
i live near Gatwick airport west Sussex not a lot of people with custom e-bikes near me shame be good to get a gang and go for a run in the sun if we ever get some sun that is

ROG130 said:
well my new build is going well
just love the bmc 4t motor and the new bmc controller works well with the hub motor
the carbon frame is holding up well its light total stealth look you can go past the boys in blue at 30mph :evil:
and they don't know that its electric thay just think you have superman.... fitness..... lol not bad for somebody with a bad heart
its running a 60v 10 amp a123 battery in a bag that clips onto the front carbon handlebars
i made a special bottom bracket to fit the kick stand to and it works like a dream
i just ordered a THULE TOUR Pack 'n' Pedal - Universal Fit Bike Rear Pannier Rack
this has the controller fitted to it the way i set it up was so it looks like a std rear rack
the rack fits to the rear suspension arms the rack is very light so will not damage the carbon rear arms
this leaves the rear seat post free to fit the rear light combo setup that has rear flashing red light
with led laser lines and indicators all in one unit
the best thing is this unit uses a wireless keypad from the handlebars and it all works like a dream :D
here are some more photos of it.
when it stops raining here in the uk
i will get it out and take some better photos of it and some videos of some road trips :twisted:
great rack!

where from and how much?
im trying to fit my controller somewhere,that might be the ticket!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394571069.178811.jpg
Rear Electra townie mudguard fitted to alu Scott ransom 30
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394571109.977087.jpg
Handmade adapter plate for ids dropouts to provide eyelet fixtures for the stays
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394571166.799073.jpg
Large cable tie holding front of rear mudguard and some bubble wrap to dampen vibration
View attachment 3
Front stay attached via two different sized cable ties to boxxer forks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394571279.644291.jpg
Hole in forks drilled to 6mm diameter to allow large bolt to hold offset washer since the original hole was not central.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394571358.498860.jpg
Back of the aforementioned washer bolt combo

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394571404.965829.jpg

Completed Electra townie mudguard upgrade, iteration one.

I really wanted to get these laser cut but inventor 2012 was messing up the scale of the imported scan of the ids dropout I made on my flat bed. I have done a 3d model from scratch but I wanted to get riding again so handtools were put into use with a paper printed template as a guide.

May decide in future to totally redesign the ids dropout to allow for better fixtures, multiple axle choices
They aren't cheap to buy from Scott so it's possible there would be a small cottage market in it.

Hope it's given you some ideas too rog and sorry to litter your thread with my clearly more ghetto approach to the Scott ransom ebike.

Back