Searching for a new >40amp continious controller (52v battery and 3k cyclone kit)

jnlk6

10 mW
Hello guys,

So I was trying some hall wire combinations on my 3k cyclone with a 36-72v lunacycle controller. I tried a combination, and the motor wasn't turning as I twisted the throttle, so I stupid a*s thought I should apply just a littke bit more throttlw, and then it would turn.. The controller caught fire and I immediately disconnwcted the battery. The battery is in good condition. But both xt90 connector are a little bit melted. So there must went through more than 150amps or so... controller is fried.

So now I need to get a new controller, the one I got is out of stock. Any suggestions? I'm searching for a >40amp continious controller, I'm searching sonce 3 hours and didn't find the right thing. I looked at the phaserunner but its too expensive.. I just want to run the motor, don't need display wires and such stuff.

Im thinking of a 12-FET Lyen controller, has someone done it with a cyclone motor?

Do you know robust controllers?

(battery continious is 50amps and its a 52v)

Thanks very much!

jnlk6 said:
Hello guys,

So I was trying some hall wire combinations on my 3k cyclone with a 36-72v lunacycle controller. I tried a combination, and the motor wasn't turning as I twisted the throttle, so I stupid a*s thought I should apply just a littke bit more throttlw, and then it would turn.. The controller caught fire and I immediately disconnwcted the battery. The battery is in good condition and the controller doesn't seem to be damaged too. But both xt90 connector are a little bit melted. So there must went through more than 150amps or so...

I am asking, should I try it again with this controller? Im not willing to buy a new one again.. It smelled pretty strong out of this controller..

What are you thinking about this?

Thanks very much!

No don't try it again. If the controller smells fried inside, it is fried. If it looks like just the connector melted, then maybe it's still alive. Pop the end cover off and look and smell inside.

In the future, when getting your wiring right, use only small short pulses of throttle to try a combination. Make sure your chain is off too, so if it spins in reverse the pedals don't wreak havoc.

Yeah it smella fried from outside, no need to open it.. The chain was off, amd I applied just very little throttle :confused:

Back