Simple BLDC controller

Yes, the thermal compound needs to be on both sides on the insulator. Just a very thin smear, as it's not a great thermal conductor; its job is to fill the very tiny voids that would otherwise contain air, which is a very poor thermal conductor,

As for a place to buy insulators and thermal compound, that depends on where on the planet you are, as they are cheap items where shipping cost will likely outweigh the material cost. Here I tend to buy from RS or Farnell, but if you're in another country then you might need to find a more local supplier. For example, I believe that Digikey and Mouser are reliable suppliers for those in North America, and places like Conrad are good if you're in mid-Europe.

Thanks Jeremy,

I love doing projects but sometimes you hit the slightest bump in the road and your whole plan is shattered. Just ordering my extremely oversized fets. easy fix, thanks for the guidence... although i still feel pretty scared about the possibility of getting 150 volts over my heat sink... that would be an unpleasent shock to the body after a morning comute.

Regards,

do you want to throw me a fuse design/skematic. Basically i have my fets mounted on separate heat sinks that are distributed over the body of the bicycle. Only three of the Fets drain electrical connection are actually exposed to the (100-200) high voltage potentials. The other fets are the low side drivers and they are probably only under any type of real voltage potential during regen breaking. That being said i think that safety is quintessential.

thanks

Bringing this thread back to live again... I hope...

It seams as the forum software isn't so easy to fool any more... or someting else has hapened..?
The attachments in this previous post has ceased to exist.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23350&start=250#p355137
Thud said:
EDIT 1/26/2011
Here is ISO gerber code to cnc cut boards for the controller.
After a few PM's back & forth with a couple guys having issues with the generic Post for Mach3 I refined the generator a bit & re-output the code. Its a little cleaner. (it will on EMC2 with simple edits)
Also some hobby cnc software apparently does not support "canned cycles" so we made the drilling programs using motion codes.....adjust the feedrates to the apropriate speeds (i have ZERO pcb machining experiance LOL)
Here you go:
View attachment 4
View attachment 3
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

lastly I added a scale to the artwork (to easly confirm correct sizing)for anyone wanting to try laser-jet & acid etching method for the main board..

I hope this is use full to some one.....I will edit this post to add any cnc related stuff.
Anyone having machinig questions can be handled via PM's so as not to clog this thread with non-controller chaff.
ES rules!

Other similar attachments (the dxf/pdf files in the previous post) still works though.

Anyone that can re-attach the files? Assuming they are the "current" version.

I took a look at the post... it looks like the data base "burped" or got corrupted on that post. We haven't seen that in a while.

Best to PM member Thud and ask him if he still has the files to send you or to reattach them to the post.

Hi to all.
Am first time on this forum but it looks am on the right place.

Am planning to build bldc motor controller for my N48 crystalyte motor but if this will work, next project will be 72V bldc motor.
I read most of the posts regarding your design but i was wondering if you can share schematics for some low amp design ?
Maybe up to 30A....

Controller will be mounted on ebike so i have to route the board to get the smallest possible size .

Best regards !

So does anybody have a couple of these boards to sell? This looks like a great controller for my boat. I am really tired of dealing with Kelly.

Back