• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Simple PAS to throttle converter using an Arduino Nano

please help i conected all correctly and when i move the "imans" the motor runs but don't stop... and when i stop moving the "imans" the motor runs and stops again and again... red led flashes... i don't understand im desesperate :c i was 4 hours trying to fix it but nothing i can do, if somebody can help me please.

i have sabvoton 72150
look... https://youtu.be/GViW_z241y8
 
Big_Truck said:
Tiger_one said:
I am running Violamart hub motor with NO display or anyway to control PAS so I need this!

The Violamart controller can be connected to a SW900 display, allowing you to access the PAS settings. You need to connect 2 wires for the serial comms (Rx Tx) on the board and move the DMS connection as below.

I Used the existing 6 wire throttle cable, so I could use the throttle, as below.

In the controller:
Removed the green and yellow cables from DMS to - Green to Tx, Yellow to RX. Located at the far end of the board
Put a blue connected to DMS (where the Gr and Y cables were ) and brought out through grommet.

Using the cable to the throttle:
cut the Brown, Green and Yellow cables
cut the plug off the SW900 (mine was not the waterproof one)
connect (T)brown to (SW)Red
connect (T)green to (SW)Green
connect (T)Yellow to (SW)Yellow
connect extra blue cable to (SW)blue
joint (T)black to (SW)black - keeping the black connected out to the throttle.

worked straightaway fro me.

Newer SW900 has 9 PAS levels

Thanks for the detailed tutorial,
does this also somehow work on controllers without pas or display connection (like sabvoton 72150) or is it just for controllers with pas to expand the setting options ?
 
iniguss_ said:
please help i conected all correctly and when i move the "imans" the motor runs but don't stop... and when i stop moving the "imans" the motor runs and stops again and again... red led flashes... i don't understand im desesperate :c i was 4 hours trying to fix it but nothing i can do, if somebody can help me please.

i have sabvoton 72150
look... https://youtu.be/GViW_z241y8

What is an "imans"?

WHen you say the motor runs, what exactly do you mean? Runs just a tiny bit? Runs at full speed? Something else?

Same thing for "runs and stops again and again"?

What red led is flashing, on which device? The PAS cadence sensor? The Nano? The controller? The battery? ???
 
Sparfuchs said:
does this also somehow work on controllers without pas or display connection (like sabvoton 72150) or is it just for controllers with pas to expand the setting options ?
All this device does is create a throttle signal from a cadence PAS sensor, primarly for controllers that have no PAS input but do have a throttle input, so a PAS sensor that simply makes pulses for pedal rotations can be used "as a throttle".

If you already have a throttle, you don't need this.

If you already have a PAS input on your controller, you don't need this.
 
amberwolf said:
Sparfuchs said:
does this also somehow work on controllers without pas or display connection (like sabvoton 72150) or is it just for controllers with pas to expand the setting options ?
All this device does is create a throttle signal from a cadence PAS sensor, primarly for controllers that have no PAS input but do have a throttle input, so a PAS sensor that simply makes pulses for pedal rotations can be used "as a throttle".

If you already have a throttle, you don't need this.

If you already have a PAS input on your controller, you don't need this.

That sounds like it would totally solve my problem with the missing pas input on my sabvoton controller without spending 200 € on a CA V3 ?
So it does quite the same thing that i tried to do with the arduino converter right ?
So i could connect this display to my sabvoton 72150 that has no pas input and then connect a pas to the display and the display signal output to my throttle input and use the pas additional to my throttle ??? That would be awesome
 
Sparfuchs said:
So it does quite the same thing that i tried to do with the arduino converter right ?
This *is* the arduino converter.

If you're talking about the SW900 display, that's just a display for specific compatible controllers (probably not including sabvoton, but you can check with the manufacturer if you can get them to answer you) and is not a PAS sensor, nor does it have any inputs for one.
 
amberwolf said:
Sparfuchs said:
So it does quite the same thing that i tried to do with the arduino converter right ?
This *is* the arduino converter.

If you're talking about the SW900 display, that's just a display for specific compatible controllers (probably not including sabvoton, but you can check with the manufacturer if you can get them to answer you) and is not a PAS sensor, nor does it have any inputs for one.
Oh, maybe i misunderstood that. For me the post my question was based on sounded like a tutorial of how to use a sw900 as a pas to throttle converter (like the CA V3 does). But maybe that was too good to be true ;)
I'm afraid i should buy a CA V3 if i want a reliable way to use a pas.
 
Sparfuchs said:
Oh, maybe i misunderstood that. For me the post my question was based on sounded like a tutorial of how to use a sw900 as a pas to throttle converter (like the CA V3 does).
I don't know if it is or not--I am not aware of how it could do that. I have some Kingmeter SW900 displays (with various brand name markings) and none of them have any connectors for stuff other than the power and datalines to/from the controller. Nothing for PAS or throttles; those all go directly to the controllers that go with these displays.

If the poster with the step-by-step has a different version of the LCD that does have these connectors and capabilities, hopefully they will post a link to where they got it. :)
 
Hello,

thanks a lot, i build the converter for the HIMO Z20 and it worked very well.

:bigthumb:

Unfortunately, the drive supports less and less depending on the battery level (in the end only up to ~ 15 km / h). But this is also so with the throttle.
 
Back
Top