Spinningmagnets MAC non-hub mid drive

In this particular case, it actually improves the reduction. In the stock form, the motor spins 5 times for every shell revolution, after the conversion, the shell is stationary, and the motor spins 6 times for every shaft revolution.

Interesting project. I love all the stuff like this on these forums.

How does your setup compare to something like the new Bafang BB-drive systems? Efficiency, power, noise? Great job!

This is much more powerful than the BBS02, but it is also much noisier. I am looking forward to the LightningRods kit, which should be available within a month or so, and if it is as quiet as I have been told, I will not need this project...wonderful as it is...(it was fun)

spinningmagnets said:
This is much more powerful than the BBS02, but it is also much noisier. I am looking forward to the LightningRods kit, which should be available within a month or so, and if it is as quiet as I have been told, I will not need this project...wonderful as it is...(it was fun)

How is this the L-R project going? I went here http://www.lightningrodev.com/ and don't see any detail yet it says available. I'm new here and basically designing a monster on-road uphill monster. My commute to work is straight up 1500' and down 1700'. My design goal is just to go up at 18mph minimum, downhill is a glide so no time/speed/power issues.

Of course, this would spec for "off-road" use only.

Thanks

Back