Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Beta swing arm is quite a bit narrower than my alpha. No way a 19" Moto with Shinko will fit. It's either bike width wheels or small clown bike motos.
9c45075ad9b81cc9f7d6a1d0cde748d1.jpg

Sam show us dropouts and dropouts torque arms if there is any. The drops looks pretty thick so maybe there is some room to make a hole and convert them to clamping?

Rodney64 said:
fullonoob said:
I am ready to install my MaxE . but the hall connector are too big to fit the flux frame hole... what should I do??! :cry:

I went to my local hardware store and purchased a cone drill bit and made the hole bigger

Or break out the soldering iron. But that's not a great plan since servicing would be a pain in the ass. Probably best to just drill it out like Rod says.

Rodney64 said:
fullonoob said:
I am ready to install my MaxE . but the hall connector are too big to fit the flux frame hole... what should I do??! :cry:

I went to my local hardware store and purchased a cone drill bit and made the hole bigger

but but i dont want to drill into this shinny fluxk frame lol :lol:

In that case, you could change the connector to something smaller (or multiple connectors).

Anther idea is to change to those generic Molex connectors that have the removable pins. It's a little more work as you'd have to take all the pins out of the connector every time you need to remove the connector, but it beats resoldering.

Been out for a few weeks (weather). In the meantime, I wanted to take my rear wheel off to fix brake issue.

Because connector mentioned above was inside my frame and the way had it configured, I had to take my battery out so I can disconnect the wire so I can take my rear wheel off. I decided to cut the wire at the swing arm and add a connector so I wouldn't have to do this again. So my suggestion is to add another connector at swing arm.

Good thing I did this because a few days ago my moped tire was flat....doh. So need to take it off again. Its a slow leak so haven't changed it yet.

Speaking of snow, here are couple pics. We got over 2 ft of snow. A lot of it melted so I tried riding today but no traction.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454031602.700037.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454031658.632876.jpg

Hey drew I've got a slow leak in my moped unit too. I'm gonna try green slime as I dread the thought of wrestling moto tyres again. Anyone else done this?

Perhaps check the valve first. Not sure about MC tubes, but came across a Schwalbe one that had happily unscrewed itself, likely when a screw on pump was used.

Yeah, its unlikely but quick easy fixes are the best! 8)

Allex the beta drops are lighter than the clamping alpha ones. They have a neat integrated torque bolster. The fit is very nice against the flats of my Mxus motors.

I've been riding several heavy bikes of late and am getting a bit over it. I'm tempted to load up a bpm or 28mm Mxus v2 into the beta and get some agility back with under a kilowatthour of batteries on board. The beta is certainly getting back closer to my custom frame weights without the added hassle of cad and welding.
cda734dd87b52427153bba8e69c5f059.jpg

Samd said:
Beta swing arm is quite a bit narrower than my alpha. No way a 19" Moto with Shinko will fit. It's either bike width wheels or small clown bike motos.
9c45075ad9b81cc9f7d6a1d0cde748d1.jpg
Sam, get yourself a 2.75-21 Veerubber VRM021. Its only 2.6 inches wide, it would fit no doubt.

Sam, vee rubber v308 19" trial tyre is 70mm or 72mm wide on 1.6 or 1.8" mc rim respectively at widest point. You can order at your local motorcycle shop for about $70. Very happy with mine.

Mammalian04 said:
Rix said:
Mammalian04 said:
Hahahahaha.... No chance that clutch story could back fire. Nope, no way!
Hahaha.

It kind of back fired. The GF told one of the guys she works with about my clutch maint. requirements, well now her male coworker thinks I am pilgrim that cant drive a manual truck with out smoking clutches and should have an automatic. Whats worse, I got to play along :? and let him think I'm a squid.

Lol... This is better than daytime soaps. heh heh

fritzebike said:
hey all,

I am almost done with the build! I am wondering however where/what BMS to get. I decided to go with the hobby king multistar high capacity 4s 20000maH multi rotor lipo pack (I can fit 5 in the bike, so I will be 20s. I figured it was very necessary to use a BMS, with the danger of these batteries with thermal runaway. For all of you with similar packs in your flux, what BMS should I go with?? It would be nice if I was able to monitor each voltage and display it as well, but I realize that might be a luxury.

Thanks for the help!!

In the mean time, here she is!!

Nice Fritze! I'm digging the complete look. I too am interested in a good 20s BMS but I haven't seen a recommendation yet either.

I know some of you are still looking for a BMS for 20s. I think I found a good one, but the catch is I need to buy a few. Take a look at it and let me know if you are interested in making a group buy....

It is a BesTech Power HCX-D166...

Here is the spec sheet... should be about 60-70 a unit after shipping

http://www.bestechpower.com/74v20spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCB-D166.html

Fritze, I was running the bestech D131 with 80amp max before I switched to adaptto's. Worked well with no complaints. Bestech will send samples (eg small orders) but If you get stuck I have two spare new in box if you want one. Pm if you are interested.

Sooooooo, this is what are the cool kids have been busy with
kim-clapping.jpg

Anyone going to give a geared motor setup a shot?

Tesla! Where you been bloke!? Back in oz?

Tempted. Missing that juicy low down torque and 3 kilo weight.

Samd said:
Tesla! Where you been bloke!? Back in oz?

Tempted. Missing that juicy low down torque and 3 kilo weight.

Yessir
On the lam for CNY and spending that down time wisely by getting back into ES.

Just smashed through all the pics in this thread :mrgreen:

That alpha frame, ohhhhhhh weeeeeee :wink:

Well if you feel like a drive west to catch up and see a few fluxes... :wink: (whats the collective noun?)

Back