Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Idea is I can throw a range extender pack over the frame with both packs hoc and pull 40a from each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Clamp-On-Side-Kick-Stand-/262059608205?hash=item3d03f8488d:g:9G0AAOSw0HVWAF8P&vxp=mtr

anyone confirm if this kickstand will fit our flux A

Hmmm, I might build extender pack also.

I replaced my moped tube. First time working on moped wheel. I got some recommended tools from Roadrash. It wasn't bad at all to change the tube. Only little harder than regular bike tire.

Also, I thought I would need to disconnect the wires but it was long enough to leave connected.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454630829.460347.jpg

Samd said:
Actually I opened the beta box that has sat unopened since Xmas. Battery drops in with 3mm to spare :).
e6fdbea4b7f8d4c024aebc9d8f0688ae.jpg

Time to order another!

Hey SamD,

Can you give us the dimensions of the battery loading hole on the Flux Beta?(mine on order now) and some dimensions /details of that battery(18S 3P?) you managed to squeeze in?

Samd said:
18s 6p my friend! Will measure tomorrow.
6p - awesome :D -
thanks Sam

I went with Sanyo (Panasonic) 18650GA 3500mah cells. Thats a very tidy 18s 21ah pack.
I got cheeky and fitted an 80 amp BMS even though these cells don't want much more than 10 amps per cell burst (you gotta pay the piper somehwere between density and surge current).
Its pretty torquey so I tend not to use 80 amps for very long - and in reality I am going from 10a per cell to ~12amps.

6p x 10a per cell maximum discharge = 60a max continuous discharge
80a per BMS maximum continuous current / 60a battery max continuous discharge = 1.3333
1.3333 x 10a = 13.333a :twisted:

hmm how hot are they getting Samd? I am debating whether to use these cells or MJ1 in the next one due to the price difference...

Samd said:
I went with Sanyo (Panasonic) 18650GA 3500mah cells. Thats a very tidy 18s 21ah pack.
I got cheeky and fitted an 80 amp BMS even though these cells don't want much more than 10 amps per cell burst (you gotta pay the piper somehwere between density and surge current).
Its pretty torquey so I tend not to use 80 amps for very long - and in reality I am going from 10a per cell to ~12amps.

Hi Sam,
We all konw these cells are 3C, but thats continues. Blipping 4 C for say 15 seconds or less, what are you seeing for volt sag?

Ga has the lower cell resistance.
Barely warm. Little sag.

Here are the results.
Interesting to note is that 30Q actually gives you more capacity down to 3V, probably due to less volt sag. First if you start do drain it below 3V that GA have more to give.
We also see that 30Q doesn't really care if the load is 7 or 10A(It is a 15 or even 20A rated cell), it gives you almost the same capacity, but GA is of course more sensitive. The temperature is also noticeably lower on 30Q which gives us longer cell life this is of course due to lower Ri.
But this test is during a constant load of 7 and 10 Amps. We don't usually ride at full throttle do we...

Allex said:
Here are the results.
Interesting to note is that 30Q actually gives you more capacity down to 3V, probably due to less volt sag. First if you start do drain it below 3V that GA have more to give.
We also see that 30Q doesn't really care if the load is 7 or 10A(It is a 15 or even 20A rated cell), it gives you almost the same capacity, but GA is of course more sensitive. The temperature is also noticeably lower on 30Q which gives us longer cell life this is of course due to lower Ri.
But this test is during a constant load of 7 and 10 Amps. We don't usually ride at full throttle do we...

Thats interesting, thanks for posting the data.

Allex said:
Here are the results.

30Q anyday
The GA is too new and barely anyone pack building with it, the heats a concern but then again the Panasonic are built to higher temp limit ex 29E vs 29PD

Samd said:
Mine are going fine tesla.

Of course, nothing wrong with them.

I'd be keen to see how they operate at a 30° ambient and wonder what the internal chemical is similar to an IMR

Sam, what kind of shock length you need for the beta and spring tension? Is it possible to install some kind of 2 speed drive on it?
I know Hyena is looking into DNM USD-6
http://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=87&pc_parent=6
But it has Tapered Steerer tube, that would not fit on the Beta or?

Back