Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Allex said:
Thanks! its 30Q cells, this V3 motor has the smaller V2 axle, the bigger one (m16?) will not fit in the drop outs.

V3 with V2 axle you say? Your own custom build? Something you sell? Or maybe can tell us where we can buy? :wink:

kundvagn said:
Allex said:
Thanks! its 30Q cells, this V3 motor has the smaller V2 axle, the bigger one (m16?) will not fit in the drop outs.

V3 with V2 axle you say? Your own custom build? Something you sell? Or maybe can tell us where we can buy? :wink:

SamD has custom V3 with 14x10mm axles.

Some really nice builds in here just wondering if you fellows could get me pointed in the right direction to start on a Beta build as I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there I really like the look of Kepler's bike but with 24 inch wheels instead cause I'm a short arse 5'3.Don't need the bike to go super fast but if it does :D bike will be used mostly used for commuting but more fun riding will be had on my brothers property, distance wise for commuting will be about 80km round trip though I should be able to recharge at destination mostly flat riding with two steepish hills. I would like gears just in case I do run out of power though.
So could you guys give some suggestions on what I've left blank to my somewhat sad list. Budget is about $5-7K AUD

Frame: Beta Gun metal grey
Fork: (prefer single crown)
Wheels: 24 inch (only ridden BMX cruisers in the past so not sure of brands other than these)
Tires:
Groupset or individual parts (cranks,brakes,chain etc)
Handlebars:
Battery:
Motor:
Contoller:
BMS:
Pedals: Already got these so they are sorted
Any other part I've missed:

Would need to get the battery built and someone to look over the electronics as I don't have the skills to do that I'm able to do most of the mechanical put together bike side of things though.

Thank you for any help you can give

cheers,

cem

Being an aussie, you are in luck. Samd has the some nice gear that i think would be great on a beta. Send him a pm, he has built me some nice wheels before in some really tough 24" rims that are 2 and bit inches wide. He also has some good sinewave controlers that dont cost the earth.
Motor- v3 mxus with a v2 axle would be my go to for this bike.
80km commute is a long way. I do 30 ish each way on my qulbix for a total of around 60km. My battery is 20s 12p of sanyo ga's total range on that is 120 km commuting quickly

I'm using a SamD supplied motor (Mxus 2) and 18 FET sinewave controller. Great combo right out the box. 6kW on 18S 18650's so nice.

I am running an 8 speed freewheel. Bit of a stretch for a 135mm dropout though. Safe option is the 2 speed ATS front and single speed rear with a tensioner. Get in contact with Sam and he will sort you out in that regard.

The DNM suspension package that Hyena came up with is perfect for the bike. Spread the love between these 2 Aussie suppliers and can't go wrong.

Is there one on gumtree fellas? Link?
Was gonna list my bike soon - better check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, any chance a BBSHD would fit on a beta? This site indicates bottom bracket sizes of 68, 73, 92, 100, 110, and 120mm. Previously I've only seen listing for 68, 73 and 100mm.
Or am I off track and the larger size is irrelevant considering the 68mm bottom bracket?

Kepler said:
BBS02 won't fit. Believe me, I tried. The bearings around the Bottom bracket plus the swing arm clamps make it too wide by about 10mm. BB is 68mm

Thanks fella's I'll get in touch with Sam & Jay (I hope that's right). I did have a look at the gumtree one but I think I would have to change quite a few parts to get it to fit me negating any cost savings. Also not keen on the dual crown forks I want the bike to look as inconspicuous as possible as the boys in blue like to camp at the bottom of one of the hills I'll have to ride down on the way home and I've never seen anyone ride a downhill type dual crown let alone an e bike with them.

Cheers,

cem

Kepler said:
So guess who got a Gopro for their birthday :mrgreen:

My first attempt at putting together a riding ebike video. Nothing too exciting, just a quick burn around the block.

[youtube]zMvrqje4QWU[/youtube]

Happy late Bday John, nice video. Love the flip flops, the epitome of summer riding. Wouldn't recommend that foot wear for the rocky shit I ride, but I have been known to road ride in flip flops myself. Again great video. Audi huh. Also stylish. Keep the vids coming.

Kepler said:
Thanks Rix. Yeh, the flipflops aren't a great look. I was too keen to get out there and test my new toy. :)

I totally feel what you are saying. I think my first vid was in shorts, flip flops, and no helmet. Sometimes one just can't be delayed in a test ride you know. So what the verdict? Does this set up feel roomier and better than your Fighter? We know its faster and quicker.

The bike is heaps roomier then the Fighter that is for sure. Also the riding position and the leg extension suits my size much better.

Power delivery is dead silent and adjustable from sedate to brutal with much care needed to keep the front wheel on the ground especially powering out of low speed corners. The bike rolls surprisingly well fro DD hub too. I am sure the big wheels are helping this.

Range is ideal for my needs. Easy to achieve a 60km fast commute which will get me to work and back without need to charge in between.

Just need to get the peddling side of things sorted. Still running a 53 tooth chainring. I have an ATS drive ready to go but I like the idea of using the large chainring because this setup minimises chain slap on the swing arm. Just need to keep the chain on reliably. Got a 54 tooth Narrow Wide chainring arriving today. I hope that will keep the chain in place. Still have the second small chainring fitted. I can drop this down manually if I need to pedal the bike home for any reason.

All in all its a great bike and the perfect high powered combination for my needs.

Quokka said:
What sort of range you reckon you will get Kep, commuting being kind of sensible

With that much battery keeping speeds under 40km/h on the flat, and a bit of pedal assisting, hes got 100KM of range for sure.

Kepler said:
I did a 60km ride the other day. Fast commute speed plus quite a few bursts of speed. Used 17ah out of a 24ah available.
Damn, that means my estimation over 100km with the pedal assist and speeds limited to 40km/h is on the low side. Problem is, how do we keep from twisting the throttle when conditions permit? My discipline sucks for going slow and pedal assisting.

Rix said:
Kepler said:
I did a 60km ride the other day. Fast commute speed plus quite a few bursts of speed. Used 17ah out of a 24ah available.
Damn, that means my estimation over 100km with the pedal assist and speeds limited to 40km/h is on the low side. Problem is, how do we keep from twisting the throttle when conditions permit? My discipline sucks for going slow and pedal assisting.

You can't, be honest and admit the fact. Like most of us here you are an addict. Speed addict. Not the nose powder kind but throttle induced. There are not yet any known treatment so best thing to do on those long commute is to keep a back up battery in you backpack just in case you can't stay away from twisting the throttle at all chances you get.

Like most of us here you are an addict. Speed addict. Not the nose powder kind but throttle induced. There are not yet any known treatment so best thing to do on those long commute is to keep a back up battery in you backpack just in case you can't stay away from twisting the throttle at all chances you get.

The truth Macfibs. Maybe we should start a support group? :lol:

Back