stuff

Hummina Shadeeba said:
What about the motor guard? Anyone damage their motor or get debris in the belt/cog connection? That could be disastrous in my mind but no one here seems to worry about it.

I don't think it's a big deal. Naturally, though my motor mounts are kind of thick so they cover the drive wheel pulley anyways and I've ridden 900+ miles now. I'm going to make them a bit smaller though to accommodate for 75mm wheels. I think the belt for the most part is usually moving fast that everything just gets pushed out of the way. It's a selling feature - I'm sure lol.

@ beto - I'm sure those prices will go up especially the time it takes to cnc those parts plus the 7075 aluminum. That motor is tore up even my motors don't look that bad and I have no shield guards on mine LOL. Not only those loose bolts but look at the motor mount part it's held on by two bolts. The torque on the motor is going to snap (using loctite) and/or loosen those bolts.

However, I'd like to see it tested :).

torqueboards said:
However, I'd like to see it tested :).

I'll test it! I'll test it!

You beat me to the question torque...

Pediglide do you mean to discuss the potential shortcomings privately? Or to try out the parts.. I ask cause I think an open discussion is way more useful to the development of the design. . I dont think anyone has any ill feelings towards the product. . I'd like to think we are all rooting for this to be a success.

beto_pty said:

Pediglide do you mean to discuss the potential shortcomings privately? Or to try out the parts.. I ask cause I think an open discussion is way more useful to the development of the design. . I dont think anyone has any ill feelings towards the product. . I'd like to think we are all rooting for this to be a success.

No, it really does not matter to me. I just wanted to give the information that he is a member here, in case you guys want to contact him.

Lol competition creates more innovation point said. Any publicity for electric skateboards just increase awareness and help others notice the fun and excitement behind it all. Just as we all have a blast on these boards I'm sure, we would want others to enjoy the excitement as well. As Beto also mentioned the DIY part is common for most of us.

I'm surprised he hasn't already spoken up. There's no hard feelings as beto has already said - It's bound to happen. There will be other kits and other boards. I'm sure, he's already seen this forum and all the countless threads we've made. It's not rocket science or hard to find.

Pediglide said:
beto_pty said:

No, it really does not matter to me. I just wanted to give the information that he is a member here, in case you guys want to contact him.

OK sorry misinterpreted your comment :oops:

torqueboards said:
Pediglide said:
You know you guys can PM him, right?

Who is it?

The question still is:
Who is this member? Pediglide, Do you know?
The Original post for this wasn't posted by them...Or was it?

beto_pty said:
OK sorry misinterpreted your comment :oops:

No worries. :D

psychotiller said:
The Original post for this wasn't posted by them...Or was it?

No, their accent are different. :mrgreen:

torqueboards said:
Lol thats what I thought. Haha How did you know did you ride with him in your LA outings? Looks like his board thread definitely.

He's from Down Under. I saw his video on his website's youtube link and thought that I've seen it before. Sure enough it was the same on the Aussie thread.

Someone here should obviously make some money off these. Especially now that Boosted prices and Ego have kind of dropped the ball. The problem I see is that someone needs to make a complete board and not just the parts for DIY. The other factor is marketing. I don't think you are going to sell much if you are listing it on Endless Sphere. We are smarter than that! Selling a complete setup on Ebay for around $600-700 would sell well enough. Even if you only clear a couple hundred each board, you might be able to make a living at it. Wouldn't be bad for a few hours work. I've listed the costs too many times to count on here, but I know you can get the costs down even more if you purchase 100 units at a time. It would just take some backing. Maybe start a kickstarter campaign! :p

I've been scoping these for a few days now but the fact that the Terms and Conditions link takes me to a blank page makes me think twice before pulling the trigger. If I click the checkbox next to the agreement, that takes me to a blank page. I'm basically agreeing that there is no agreement...

Diniven said:
I've been scoping these for a few days now but the fact that the Terms and Conditions link takes me to a blank page makes me think twice before pulling the trigger. If I click the checkbox next to the agreement, that takes me to a blank page. I'm basically agreeing that there is no agreement...

I'd probably email first and make sure they're available to be shipped.

torqueboards said:
Diniven said:

I'd probably email first and make sure they're available to be shipped.

Probably better not to agree to anything that can be written after you sign it.

This is something he probably forgot to plop into the website. I shouldn't be so hard on a guy who's doing this in his spare time.

True, but if you agree'd to my unwritten terms and agreement I would set you up with recurring monthly payments to use my bad-ass shiny new motor mounts. :lol:

Diniven said:
This is something he probably forgot to plop into the website. I shouldn't be so hard on a guy who's doing this in his spare time.

Well hopefully he will fix it. .. that i believe (with a small dose of sarcasm and pompous self worth) is what matters... he now knows about this, will fix it and from tomorrow ( or whenever he fixes it) nobody will know he is doing this in his spare time... it will look professional and trustworthy andvpeople all over will buy confidently.

We joke and we mock, sometimes a little too much, but I for one hope this guy hits this one out of the ball park...and if the guy is selling these, he better have a tough skin.. cause our mockery and jesting in no manner compares to the screaming and squealing of a pissed off client...

Evolve has a wheel pulley that slips in the wheel but also slips on the truck axle and can be secured solely by the same axle nut as holds the wheel. It houses another bearing and the truck axle has more space to accommodate. It's a simpler design with no need for the little nuts, bolts, and backing plate to secure it. Also if u didn't want to grind the truck area around the axle down I imagine some washers on the other side would make it even.

I'd like to make or get a couple made. Any reason people aren't doing it other than it's easier to buy the bolt on version?
If other people were interested or had the actual part to copy we could get them cheaper. Anyone? Otherwise I'm going to do it slowly and just try to make myself two.

Yes, Evolve's ABEC 11 and other hub adapters include an extra bearing. Why do they include an extra bearing? They include an extra bearing to accommodate the added space within the axle. Their axle is longer than your standard longboard trucks. That is why they are able to fit on MBS wheels and we are not. Evolve trucks are their own custom trucks w/ a custom sized length hanger axle.

So in your case, you wouldn't be able to use them on a regular longboard trucks and that is why we don't. That is why boosted also uses a bolt on wheel as well. There is no added space on regular skateboard/longboard trucks to accommodate an 8mm added bearing.

There is also already a 3D printed model that was made and you can get it made for about $60-$70 bucks which is IMO expensive for a drive wheel adapter that doesn't fit. For that price you might as well spend an extra $30-40 and get an aluminum drive wheel adapter.

For $85 I sell a single drive train setup including wheels.

I'm happy to grind down my truck axle aluminum to expose more axle so as to accommodate the space. It looks nicer and is simpler: I'm trying to avoid as many bolts as possible.

Where could I find that cad design?

I'm a bit confused..u say it it doesn't fit? And I'd be happy w it alumin or plastic...alien sells sprockets that could bolt on. they'd bolt on aluminum...maybe plastic.

Back