stuff

Pediglide said:
Some CAD for E-boards:

http://www.thingiverse.com/navarrma/collections/eboard

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. I'll have to ask dirkdiggler about his but any problems w this design anyone else knows of?

torqueboards said:
Thats actually an ntm motor. It's still not affordable for most people if you add up the costs. Although, some people are willing to pay for it.

these motors are NTM 5060 PROP DRIVES they are actually really cheap $35 compared to SK3, and so far perform really well... buy it here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=22036&aff=1242623

we are getting 48km p/h top speed with this. they don't get hot either.... I actually think the bash plate is helping to cool the motors!

NOTE: i have bought some SK3, same as what torque uses (i bought them just for testing.... ill report back soon if they compare well against the 5060... & comment about what i think is better. etc.)

psychotiller said:
Seeing the pic, I'm wondering if you will have to use risers to keep the motor mount from hitting the deck?

depending on the deck you chose you may need risers, in the enertion K1 kit you get 2x 3mm & 2x 9mm risers, this way you can customize your setup depending on the deck.. my current deck has a micro drop so i need both so 12mm. If your deck is flat, 9mm is enough to ensure it will never hit the deck.

Diniven said:
I've been scoping these for a few days now but the fact that the Terms and Conditions link takes me to a blank page makes me think twice before pulling the trigger. If I click the checkbox next to the agreement, that takes me to a blank page. I'm basically agreeing that there is no agreement...

T & C's are now available: http://www.enertionboards.com/pages/enertion-boards-terms-conditions.html

Hey onloop,

The section is "coming soon", but could you already share some complete board prices? Thanks!

Murfix said:
Hey onloop,

The section is "coming soon", but could you already share some complete board prices? Thanks!

Hi. aiming for $1200AUD... still lots of work to be done though!

Can u please confirm some things if you're familiar. It doesn't tell everything on I.materialise and I can't seem to confirm on here

9mm thick belt
5mm Htd

Am I missing any criteria I need to know when getting the motor pulley?

I'll figure the belt length later. I imagine that's pretty straight forward

Should I do double flange for the motor pulley?

Also finding a 22tooth motor pulley w a 6mm shaft is
Proving difficult.
And any advice on making the keyway? Read people often enlarge the grub screws to hold it?

What you said is correct. It is 9mm thick and 5mm htd pitch. A double flange motor pulley is usually best. A keyway you would need a broach and you would need to keyway the motor pulley and include a keyway slot on your motor shaft. The simple way is to create a flat spot by either sanding it down and/or dremmel a flat spot that the set screw will sit in. I like to replace all set screws with an actual cap head set screw with more thread. I always feel they are stronger.

Getting them made. Pretty cheap it seems so far but haven't gotten a quote.
Steel r aluminum?
I'd rather go aluminum if it's strong enough
And then maybe I can get them to get a stouter screw put on?

Is this part going to be the most likely to contact the board when turning?
Definitely don't want that happening.

torqueboards said:
Either or works. Aluminum looks better but plastic is nice too. Aluminum is a bit heavier majority of the time.
For the motor pulley?
Haven't seen a plastic for the motor
Guess aluminum is durable enough

I can't find anything over 15 teeth for the motor (5htd 9mm wide). Mywheel pulley is a 44 and I'm trying to get a 1:2 ratio or thereabout.
I'm thinking of going w the altered pulley n wheels or trying the 107mm wheels to get a higher top speed. I'd prefer to go w 83 or 90 though
Only thing I can find is custom and crazy expensive

daverobson08 said:
Think you can get sleeve adapters from smaller shafts to larger shafts as well. Just had a quick look but couldn't find any. Can anyone confirm?
Humm. None of the businesses I've talked to have brought that option to me and instead said I need to spend something huge to get a strange pulley made

Hummina Shadeeba said:
Humm. None of the businesses I've talked to have brought that option to me and instead said I need to spend something huge to get a strange pulley made

It's not their standard sizes :) I thought you said you would pay anything as long as it looks pretty lol. 16T HTD 5mm pitch is highest you can get. I wanted 20T but not on 6mm bore. You can get custom made but you would have to buy bulk and wait 3-4 weeks if not longer.

torqueboards said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:

It's not their standard sizes :) I thought you said you would pay anything as long as it looks pretty lol. 16T HTD 5mm pitch is highest you can get. I wanted 20T but not on 6mm bore. You can get custom made but you would have to buy bulk and wait 3-4 weeks if not longer.

Haha hoho. I don't even remember writing that but sounds right. U have to start with goals. And priorities.
Anyway jokes aside I just decided I'm not accepting the package. Ahhh...a sigh of relief. Now to find them motors n esc.

Was just at a public machining-and-other-tools place open to the public. What a mouthful. Going to cost 300 to join and fashion me some motors mounts to ride on. Yeee haw.

torqueboards said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:

I bought 17 and 18 tooth 5mm htd pulleys from SDP-SI 15mm wide/8mm bore. Just get a motor with an 8mm shaft.

Actually, here you go - http://shop.polybelt.com/22-5M-09-Steel-22-Tooth-Pulley-P22-5M-09-6FS.htm 22T HTD 5mm and 6mm bore. That one is out of stock though.

Try http://shop.polybelt.com/20-5M-09-Steel-20-Tooth-Pulley-OD3069mm-P20-5M-09-6FS.htm 20T not a whole lot diff better than a 16T.

Back