Sw900 Error 10

Paintpennn

1 mW
Recently changed the tire on my stealth bomber clone. It has a QS273 clone hub motor. It worked perfectly before I took the wheel off to change the tire. I reinstalled the wheel today and turned the ignition on and the display lights up but I twist the throttle and nothing happens. Like I said I'm running a QS273 clone motor with a sabaton 72150 controller, SW900 display and everything worked fine before I took it apart.. I labeled all the connections so I was sure to connect everything the same . It's got juice. I guess error 10 is communication error. Anybody know how I should go about solving this problem? I don't really know. .

A quick google says that error 10 for this display means it can't talk to the controller. Either the controller is not sending data to the LCD, or the LCD isn't sending to the controller.

This usually means that there's a wiring fault between the two, which could exist anywhere from the PCB inside their casings all the way to the connector pins between them.

Other possible problems: If the controller is not actually powering on, for instance, this will happen. You can check this at the throttle and hall sensor 5v lines--if there is 5v in both places, relative to battery negative, then the controller has been turned on.
If ther'es no 5v, the controller is not being turned on. Uusally when using a display, pressing the power button to turn the display on is what turns the controller on, by passing battery voltage from the B+ of the controller to the "lock" or keyswitch or ignition wire of the controller, using a tiny transistor in the display.

If the display's transistor fails (too high a voltage, too much current, etc), it won't turn the controller on by doing that job, and "nothing works" except the display turns on.

Back