The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics set

Stielz said:
Thanks for your reply.

I brought the Max-E so fingers crossed that I can get it working well with the C80100 130kv stock wind and then with a custom wind for lower kv.

Might need to pick your brain when my controller arrives to better understand what settings I need to adjust..

no problem - for that we are here....

Iam also interested if your motor works. The secret are the settings, autoset did not work at my motor, also not verry well at the Bafang middle drive. But it should work if you have the right settings.

It good to use an "normal" controller for the testing - like Kelly or Lyn.
This was also my first step, to be sure that the motor works well.

But with the debug screen on adaptto you could also easy find out if something is wrong, like damage hallsensor ....
The important thing to proof the settings, is to look on the temperature of the controller. In my case the motor spin, but the controller gets warm under load - the motor was still okay.
I think if more people play with outrunners, adaptto will also improve the autosettings.

But this is one big difference between normal controller an an sine-wave controller. The controller only works well- if you have the right settings. With an normal controller it should always turn....

Hey GreenRoad, when you're tuning the adaptto for rc outrunner motors is it just about getting the hall offset, ind. Timing, and pwr timing right? Or are there other settings that are important?

Ive been adjusting these settings and think I have found 'optimal' settings but the motor still seems to get much hotter than it should.

I know this because it runs cooler when I try it out in sensorless mode

Stielz said:
Hey GreenRoad, when you're tuning the adaptto for rc outrunner motors is it just about getting the hall offset, ind. Timing, and pwr timing right? Or are there other settings that are important?

Ive been adjusting these settings and think I have found 'optimal' settings but the motor still seems to get much hotter than it should.

I know this because it runs cooler when I try it out in sensorless mode

Hello
There are three different things
Sensorless - is one thing
sensored / block - with Hall- is one thing (like normal Chinese Controller)
Sensored - sinus - like adaptto is another thing

It would be interesting to know - if the hallsensors are placed perfect - perhaps this could be also an problem. (the angle between the hallsensors to the magnetics)
For that it would be interesting if you use an normal Controller - like kelly / lyn or similar.

The next thing is, that under no load - outrunner could get warmer than under load.
With the cpd Motor i have more heat under no load than under load - like 750W...

To find the right settings with adaptto is not so easy - you should know what you are doing - and what the differnt settings means.

Maybe manual tuning process is not good, perhaps you could explain your tuning process?

I run the AutoDetect function which completes successfully. That gets all the hall / phase combinations set.

Then with the wheel in the air so no load on the motor, I run the motor at around 10km/h while adjusting the fine hall offset. Throttle is set to torque mode. Keeping the throttle steady I adjust the fine hall offset to get the most speed.

Then I set the current limit to 3A. No load on the motor, full throttle gets it up to cruising speed. Keeping the throttle on full so sitting on 3A, I then adjust the ind timing to get the most speed.

Then I do on road testing, fine tuning the hall offset to get least motor temperature rise in a set run.

Then pwr timing is adjusted in on road testing to get best acceleration from cruising speed.

Unfortunately with this process I cant get a good setup where the motor is not getting excessively hot. After a few decent bursts of acceleration the motor is getting up to 100 degreesC. Even just cruising at 40km/h the motor will quickly overheat. This is a motor that is capable of 4+ kW continuous. This I why I am wondering if there are more settings that need adjusting?

Hello
I think you should post your settings - maybe i could find something - or i could tell you at which setting you could try to switch....
Its hard to give you any feedback - from my motor system - because differnt motors use different settings...

Thanks, that would be helpful.

Settings are:

2015%2B-%2B4

2015%2B-%2B5

2015%2B-%2B3

2015%2B-%2B2

2015%2B-%2B1

2015%2B-%2B1

Cheers!

Hello
my opinion
addnz = would use about val of 1-2
angle corr = seems to be an good value... i have always more

its hard to give you an feedback without to self check the motor.
Settings alway depands also on the voltage - the change with higher voltage (my expirience)

with the advant. setup 1/5 you could change the value manual - and check the power usage of the motor direct at the display below.
Then you could work with the settings
angle corr
ind timming
pwr timing
with this help - and alos with listen to the motor .....

You only could try this out - i could not give you more help - did you contact adaptto direct - perhaps they could help you

Thanks for the suggestions, I probably wont be able to try that until the weekend due to it being dark when I get back from work. Always seems a bit sketchy riding a bike at night time with no lights.

I seem to have it tuned well for no load, it uses about 250W at full speed. You mentioned that your CPD motor produces more heat with no load than it does with load. Maybe tuning it under no load isn't a good way to do it

Stielz said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I probably wont be able to try that until the weekend due to it being dark when I get back from work. Always seems a bit sketchy riding a bike at night time with no lights.

I seem to have it tuned well for no load, it uses about 250W at full speed. You mentioned that your CPD motor produces more heat with no load than it does with load. Maybe tuning it under no load isn't a good way to do it

Hello - outrunner normaly produce more heat under no load as under load (....i talked allready with some experts about this)
This depands on the magnetic field - but should be different from motor to motor.
I need some basic settings for the cpd Motors, now it plays no realy role what kind of windig i use - because i have the basic settings for outrunners.
One problem was also - you could check - that the adaptto getting to fast about 65°C and reduces the power - in case of overheating.
With bad settings i get this problem. But this was only one thing i found out at field testing.
Its not realy easy to get an adaptto running wiht an outrunner, but if you have the settings - its an great thing an a perfect system....

Hello!

If anyone is going to attend the Interbike 2015 this month or just visit Las Vegas DO NOT miss the chance to meet us on this amazing event.

Good luck!

http://www.interbike.com/

MfcrAho.png

I would love to come chat to you guys at interbike!
However its a little far for me to come..
please post some pics of the event!

Back