What is the max current output for a sine wave controller

cali_ebikes

1 µW
I have a dual motor ebike that is supposed to be 1000watt each motor, I decided to replace the original controllers which were 25amp controllers, I purchased two 26amp sine wave controllers 13/26. I have never been able to go faster than about 28mph even though the ads claimed it could do 35mph. These new sine wave controller makes the bike a lot quicker off the line and the response is much quicker than the original controllers, but the top speed is about the same possibly even slower by 1 or 2mph. Now while playing with the new display settings, the max amps was set to 12 by default, and it's adjustable to 20. I have two batteries serving each motor separately on different throttles and displays, each battery is capable of 50amp max discharge. So my question is what is the max amps I can set each controller to if they are 13/26 sine wave controllers? Can I set each one to the max the display allows at 20ampas, or would this be creating a peak amps of 40? Not sure how this settings works when dealing with dual mode vs sine wave controllers. Anybody?

Are you aware, that you'll need a higher battery voltage for more speed, not more amps?
Amps are good for climbing hills and acceleration, Volts are needed for speed....
The only way to get higher speed with the existing battery is an controller with field weakening, but this would produce much heat and bad efficiency.

I have a dual motor ebike that is supposed to be 1000watt each motor, I decided to replace the original controllers which were 25amp controllers, I purchased two 26amp sine wave controllers 13/26. I have never been able to go faster than about 28mph even though the ads claimed it could do 35mph. These new sine wave controller makes the bike a lot quicker off the line and the response is much quicker than the original controllers, but the top speed is about the same possibly even slower by 1 or 2mph. Now while playing with the new display settings, the max amps was set to 12 by default, and it's adjustable to 20. I have two batteries serving each motor separately on different throttles and displays, each battery is capable of 50amp max discharge. So my question is what is the max amps I can set each controller to if they are 13/26 sine wave controllers? Can I set each one to the max the display allows at 20ampas, or would this be creating a peak amps of 40? Not sure how this settings works when dealing with dual mode vs sine wave controllers. Anybody?
28 mph requires around 800w. You didn’t say the voltage you’re running, but saying it’s 48v, then that would be less than 17 amps total. You need to run higher voltage to get higher speed; you have more than enough power already.

28 mph requires around 800w. You didn’t say the voltage you’re running, but saying it’s 48v, then that would be less than 17 amps total. You need to run higher voltage to get higher speed; you have more than enough power already

The rear wheel is running on 52v, the front 48 volt. Both have the same 26amp independent sine wave controller. So could I set both of the controllers say at 20amps even though the nominal is only 13amps? Or is there nominal when it comes to sine wave controllers? That's the part I don't understand.

It's manufacturer related, based on their labeling practices. You can run 13A continuous until the battery runs out. You can run up to 26A for shorter periods. How long depends on how warm the controller gets and the amount of airflow it gets to cool. It's nice that they provide both specifications, since most would just call it a 26A controller and sell it as such. I would just max out both, take it for a test ride, and check how warm they get, then either adjust them down if they get hot, or just control your wrist to not go too heavy on the throttle.

Back