Throttle or Controller Puzzle

Ezrider_028

10 mW
Hi everyone, wondering if you can shed some light on an issue I have with my main ebike controller that is affecting the throttle.

1. I Tested 2 seperate - 3 wire throttles (red, black and green wire). Basic cheap throttles.

2. Both throttles work using a seperate controller. They both rotate my motor.

3, However, both throttles don't work on my main controller in question. I plug the throttles and the motor doesn't rotate when I twist each of them. However when I connect the Controllers Red and Green throttle wires together the motor then spins w/o even twisting the throttle.

4. I don't have any brake cables connected, so assuming it's not a brake limiter situation.

So before I get another controller was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

The controller is
a moto berry. => MOTOBERRY Brushless Controller... Amazon.com

Did it work at one time, and then stop working?

If so, what happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't?

in #3 case2, does the motor spin full speed? Or?

If 4 were true, 3-2 wouldn't happen.

1 and 2, which kind of throttles are they (hall or potentiometer; each has a different output range), and which kind does the controller that works require, and which kind does the controller that doesn't work require?

Thanks for the response. To answer your first question, yes the throttle was working for at least 6 months and it just stopped. I also opened the controller to perform a continuity test across all 3 throttle wires, they all Beep with good continuity also tested for shorts - testing mosfets, all good.

Not sure about type of throttles these are, these just have 3 wires and I'm running the motor sensorless - no motor Halls.

That is a good suggestion to test whether the green and red wires provide full speed, I don't have a display so I figure I can measure the throttle voltage and as long it's a healthy 4.3v then assume it's full.

If it's full i thought about just adding a switch device to mount on the handlebar which will activate the red/green wires and make it go, albeit not a perfect solution.

But it's just a weird issue, cause again all wires are conducting good, the controller has no shorts, and the throttles work well with other controller, hence why I titled the thread as puzzling.

Back