• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

To turn on kt controller is LCD required?

demonscythe

10 µW
This is probably a dumb question but for the KT controller do you have to use one of the LCD screens for it to work? I just got one and working on getting the phase wires connected but I'm not sure if I need one of the LCDs for it to turn on. I have the Bluetooth module but it has no power which made me wonder if the controller is even turned on or if there is a power button on the screen.

demonscythe said:
This is probably a dumb question but for the KT controller do you have to use one of the LCD screens for it to work? I just got one and working on getting the phase wires connected but I'm not sure if I need one of the LCDs for it to turn on. I have the Bluetooth module but it has no power which made me wonder if the controller is even turned on or if there is a power button on the screen.

Does it have a connector for an LCD, like the LCD3? On some, you can jumper a couple of the wires (red+blue, black+yellow ??), but I'd do more research before doing any jumpering. Plus, you may not get full power. Do you have pictures of your controller?

Yes there is a connector for the display. What pictures are you needing? I can open it and photo any part you would need.

Edit: nevermind I found a picture to show that shorting red and blue wires turns it on and confirmed by turning mine on.

Back