Tonaro User group

Another thing that can be done is have an larger shocky installed this means you can make an deeper battery case

the bike's tire / battery case clearence's (from memory )
( the original 160mm susupention on my bike had tire rubbing on the stock case )
180mm wound down to 170mm solved it , but ordered an 165mm Air shocky to see how that goes

160mm shocky had 55mm clearence
170mm shocky had 80mm clearence
180mm shocky had 130mm clearence (seat post 60mm higher )

how ever the 180mm might have been an 190mm i lost my mesurements that I made

I am definatly moving the controller so I can fit in more cells in an custum case
I am also going to have multiple Locking Drawbolt latches that attach to the bikes battery frame to hold the battery case down in place
( should be more ridgit then the single lock / bolt system currently in place )
and I did away with the original screws that held the plastic base / lid on as they just kept vibrating out on me
(currently captive Nut / spring washer and bolt )

i was just on bms battery and I saw this mid drive. I also was on alibaba and saw a few that were probably what this thing was. I went to the website but had problems founding out any info on it...what kind of stats does it have? can it fit in a regular bike like the bafang? and what kind of controller can you use? I like this mid drive idea. I was also looking at a bofeilli crank drive too...it looks like my price is around 1400 bucks for bike and everything etc....but a bmsbattery tonaro crank andb $200 Walmart bike does sound interesting...

Which is a shame, because its been a good robust motor for me - would love to fit it to another frame.
Any controller should work with it, I'm using a Grinfineon on mine with a CA3. Picture of the frames (old and new) showing the mount:

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s529/Hypanor/e-Bikes/New%20frame%20conversion/Frames_zpsda14d4fc.jpg

Hey there Ascoro, and others, I am liking the air ? Shock you have/had on your old bike the Zoco Rossa. Can you give me any link or part number to where you picked it up and cost?
I have the Zoco Rossa also and just found this forum. Looking for more info on the Zoco Rossa. Pretty happy with the bike, comfortable, strong, just trying to find any tips on how to make it go faster.
I visited America last September and tried out a Stromer, WOW what a Great bike, light, quick, fantastic range etc, spoilt me for my bike really. Thanks

I have a Zoco Xtreme. When it’s working properly it’s a great bike, strong, powerful and comfortable and positively eats the kilometres.

However, I have been experiencing frequent component failures. I have broken two one-way bearings (sprag clutch), the first one was through my ignorance and the second was through no paying attention when taking off. Nevertheless they shouldn’t fail.

I have also had two bearings inside the crankcase fail and I suspect that a third fell apart last night. I will take a peek inside tomorrow to see what the problem is.

To have 5 reasonably serious breakages in under 8,000 kms seems to me to be excessive. Shaun at Pro Electric has been positively brilliant at providing replacements so nothing but bouquets on that score.

I guess I will just have to learn to live with the risk of breaking the one-way bearing but replacing the bearings inside the gearbox is a job I’d rather not have to do. Has anyone here have any suggestions on how the life of these bearings can be extended? My only thought is to use oil rather than grease but would like to know if anyone has already tried this.

G'day Hamster,

This thread is seldom active.You would be much better to go over to Whirlpool with your enquiry.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1949728&p=78Cheers,
Tony.

Hi all,
Am having trouble removing the "castellated nut" (assuming that is what it is) under the "5 hole freewheel" on an Aseako Sport and was wondering if anyone has any tips to free it up? I watched the referenced YouTube video of the disassembly of the early model unit and noted that the later units are RH not LH thread according to the notes however I still can't get it to budge. Have also posted a query on the Whirlpool thread as it seems quite active on these bikes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Found the problem! My version gearbox does not have a nut but rather a circlip to hold the one way bearing one. I was confusing the end of the shaft with a castellated nut.

Edit: Link from above shows exactly the procedure I should have used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYTVXRTTm0M

Once I worked this out I managed to pull the one-way bearing / chain ring adapter of the shaft and disassemble the gearbox ok to find the main shaft bearings deteriorated by water ingress (which was what I suspected had happened). If you are interested, I have posted further detail at - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1949728&p=-1&#bottom

Attention all those familiar with the electric motor itself (and one gearbox question). I have a Tonaro (Evelo, USA) with the 36V, 15A motor. I'm upgrading to a Cycle Analyst and 25A controller. I need answers to these questions: How many magnets are inside the motor case? Also, how fast does the motor spin - no load speed or actual operating rpm? Lastly, I need to know the total reduction ratio from motor to the crank. Thanks!

Hi folks.
I just got a tonaro enduro but the bearing is broken and the aluminium hub has a crack in it.
Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement parts for this motor?
Cheers

Can anybody please help? I need the spec for a tonaro enduro one way bearing as mine is broken as well as the aluminium hub it is housed in.
It seems harder than finding gold.
Much appreciated

GanzLondon said:
Can anybody please help? I need the spec for a tonaro enduro one way bearing as mine is broken as well as the aluminium hub it is housed in.
It seems harder than finding gold.
Much appreciated

Hey. Just came across you post its good to know that there are other people that still use tonaro bikes

The one way bearing is pretty easy to find its name should be csk25pp if I remember right

As for the aluminium hub, im not exactly sure what you mean by that. can you take a picture of it so I can have better understanding of what your talking about

You can try Javy.He had motors in 2019 when I last talked to him.
javy.ou@qq.com
same epost and skype adress

I know this is a dead thread, but I've recently revived my Tonaro BigHit and want to fit a throttle. I've tried to register with the Aussie site but they aren't sending me a confirmation link. Any info on the throttle? Is it a potentiometer or a Hall effect sensor? Can a generic one be made to work? I sent an email to javy.ou@qq.com, just calling on all channels. Cheers.

Back