Tongshen TSDZ2 tourque/assist problems

JensenL

100 µW
Hi Guys,
I have a Tongsheng TSDZ2 350w engine on my cargo bike. With fully charged battery I am experiencing, that my motor is beeing unstable in it's tourque. It's in all 4 assist modes when pedaling normal. It's kind of cutting powerassist ON and OFF every second or so. If I pedal HARD, I can get assist all the time. The problem can sometimes be fixed by restarting the display (vlcd5) or battery. It will then give me a normal assist again for some time. It has increased a bit over the last 2-3 month and today my display could not show the speed either (maybe another problem).
The battery is charged, speedlimit is OFF, and I have checked the magnet and sensor on backwheel. Seems to sit perfect.
Any suggestions on how to 'debug' this..

Info:
Motor age: 1 year
ODO: 2750 km
Battery: 36V, 13ah – 468wh.
Battery age: 2 years

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Rasmus Jensen
Denmark

Seems an hard issue to debug. I would say it is a weak battery and when motor is asking power, the system quick resets - to debug, you would need another new battery, or maybe measure the battery and keep an eye on his voltage.

If the problem does not happen when running the system with drive wheel off the ground (no load) then it is probably the battery.

Leaving the battery on the charger for several days at minimum (leave it on charger all the time it is not in use, always, if you have to) may rebalance it if it simply has some cells lower than others.

If rebalancing doesn't fix it, then all the cells may simply be simply worn out and you may need a new battery.

Hi,

Thanks for the posts - I appreciate that! Yes it's probably the battery, I was also thinking about that at first.
I will try to run it free from ground the next time it happens. And next find a batt. rep. guy that can test/measure the volt etc. for me.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Rasmus Jensen
Denmark

I have changed my torque sensor because the original has broken.and now i have no assist.display is on and correct but i have no pedal assist nor assist when i press - for 5 seconds.What can i do?

I think your torque sensor is broken,you have to change it. i had the same problem

Back