Assist problem on the TSDZ2

JensenL

100 µW
Greeting everyone,

A have the TSDZ2 with a vlcd5 display - odo around 5600km. This morning when riding the bike, I could hear the motor running when I was pedalling, but it was not giving me any assist. Battery fully charged.. Maybe something in the motor is worn out? Any suggestions on what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rasmus Jensen
Denamrk

I haven't done this (new owner myself) but I know both the blue nylon drive gear can get stripped, and the sprag clutch (that acts like a freewheel) is also is known to fail. They're both fairly easily replaced, I believe.

But I think (?) if it's the clutch, then your pedals are what would slip, and so it suggests perhaps the blue gear. (Someone please correct or confirm)

For the sprag clutch you can buy it in its large gear wheel that's an easy swap, but I believe you can acquire better quality sprag clutches that are less likely to fail so quickly. Unfortunately to swap them you need some sort of press to extract the old from the large toothed wheel and insert the new, or perhaps some shenanigans with heat.

Opening up the motor to look at the blue gear isn't too challenging: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tsdz2+blue+gear

Back