Trying to copy Silverfish Battery Keys...

Klauts

10 W
Hey everyone! Does anyone know what type of Blank Key I will need in order to cut replacements for my Silverfish Ebike battery?

Alternatively do you know of any companies that ship/cut replacement keys via mail?

Here's a photo of the key I'm trying to get copied if that helps...

https://imgur.com/gallery/EN6DqH9

I would take the key and the battery/lock to your local mom 'N pop hardware store, or locksmith.

Based on the image you linked, it looks like a simple offset profile (not the cut teeth, the shape/profile you see if the key is pointed at your eye)

Find a blank in their selection that matches your profile, see if they can cut a key for you.

I have cut keys by hand with a file when my local hardware store failed to cut me a working copy.

If you still have to use mail, find a locksmith somewhat close to you and call 'em up.

Looks like your key may use the same blank as an Ecotric Dolphin (that I had) and an (Arrow 9) that I still have, where I made keys for with a file from a blank I got from my local hardware store. The blank is too thick and had to be thinned with a file on both sides in order to be able to be inserted into the lock. I filed the key on one side only (less work) so it only goes in the lock one way.

The hardware store has a machine that can read keys and they tell me a Kawasaki KA15 blank may fit but they never have it in stock so it's not verified. You may want to give the KA15 a try if you find a place that has it. Please report back if KA15 works or not if you find a shop with it.

623D9B07-2C7B-48D8-9D46-F8CA5F28CDFE_1_201_a.jpeg

58A34FBA-01D5-476D-B42F-DC683B27F5F1_1_201_a.jpeg

One of these two Honda blanks is similar to the Kawaski key. Appear to work for Lectric XP batteries, aside from maybe the length. I've got batteries of different types, going back 7 years. and over a dozen keys and they are either right hand or left hand verisons of these Honda keys,

key_blanks.jpg

Back