Tsdz2 intermittent cutout with e06

nedders

1 µW
Sorry to post as another person with tongsheng tsdz2 problem

I've had for over one year worked fine, on my 2nd battery since December working fine.

Then last week 30 mins into ride the motor cutout.
Was showing e06 error which is undervoltage.
Tried restarting. Same error etc

I turned off motor and cycled 30 mins. Later turned on and it started working again.

Then today it kept cutting out at random intervals, sometimes on flat sometimes going downhill (even though in mode zero off downhill) sometimes uphill.
By cutting off the display stays on but the motor stops assisting and normally goes to e06 mode after a few seconds

I've tried cleaning the connections but problem seems to still be there.

Not sure what to look at.

Assumption that it's not battery issue as it works fine for minutes after Not working and repeat.

Only extra info is I heard a click today just when the motor stopped adding assistance.

Is it likely to be a shortage?

The VLCD5 display on my bike is not very useful for showing battery voltage, but it turns out the system is able to measure it accurately. Other displays can show the voltage. I would take the error message as probably true,

Ebike batteries tend to recover a bit in voltage after they are turned off, so that is why the bike works again after a rest period. If you own a voltmeter, it would be useful to see what the battery registers when the charger says it is fully charged.

But if it was battery, wouldn't the screen display go off too rather than just kill power and show e06

You're right. Many ebikes just shut off the display when the battery goes below the minimum voltage set inside the controller. The TSDZ2 must stay powered up and gives you an E06.

There's going to be two metal tabs on the back of that battery to measure voltage. Be careful about accidentally crossing wires or probes.

If it is in perfect condition, it will read 42V at full charge, and 36-37V near half charge, It should probably work down to around 32V, technically 30V, but on these small 10Ah batteries you get a lot of voltage sag that pulls the voltage down 1-2V when the motor is running,

Thanks
I just checked battery voltage. 32volts.
I used it for about 1 hour since last charge, so that seems ok for a 36v battery right?

Back