TSDZ2 Suddenly not giving any pedal assistance

Because your readings dissapear, but not always, I think it would be something with the wiring/coils/connector.
If that is the cause, OSF will not help to solve that.
It is a pity you don't have a multimeter, so you must trust visible obeservations.
Ok, so I got hold of a multimeter. There is continuity between the stationary coil and all the way to the display pin. There is also contuinity on the hall sensor wiring.

I'm not sure how I can test for continuity from the torque sensor to the motor (e.g. between the coils)?

As long as you have the motor open, Look inside the blue gear. There are struts inside (needle ratchet gear) which are delicate and wear out. On my motor, I wore out 2. Also, the screw holding the white wire was stripped so I had intermittent then no power. A larger screw solved that.
I gave up and bought a newer model motor that doesn't have the blue gear. Upon finishing installation, the screen was black. No battery. The black wire from the motor to the battery connection was slipped out of the connector. Slipped it back in, e6000 glue and 200 miles so far so good.
Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look, and it seems to me that that part of the motor is intact...

As for the battery; the bike sometimes randomly gives power and walk mode works as expected, so the issue probably has to be somewhere in the torque sensor...

I had intermittent power at the weekend so removed the torque sensor and found a loose connection. Looks like the red wire had been snagging inside the housing and was only held by the black silicon. Now my only problem is to work out where it should be soldered to the board. Any ideas people? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
I had intermittent power at the weekend so removed the torque sensor and found a loose connection. Looks like the red wire had been snagging inside the housing and was only held by the black silicon. Now my only problem is to work out where it should be soldered to the board. Any ideas people? :)
I posted this pic of the pcb a while ago into the wiki:
Hope that helps.(Its fiddely - there is not much space and your solder and the red wire can not touch the metal around the PCB....)
Here is the wiki link fyi:

Back