TSM-A5 on sale

taiwwa

1 W
It’s on sale at grin currently. Looks interesting.

anyone here use it? It is pretty heavy so naturally I think it is best for a recumbent. But has anyone installed it onto a gravel bike?

torque sensor on the cassette hub plus a cadence sensor on the bottom bracket can allow for good regen control.

speaking of a torque sensor on the cassette hub, if you break the hub, is there a way to transfer the electronics? what would replacement torque sensing cassette hubs look like?

I love to ride it. It can go 30+mph on throttle with a 52v battery. The only thing is that it's a torque sensing PAS. I have one leg that is stronger than the other. I've learned to lessen the stronger leg while pedaling to avoid surging. I haven't been able to fit the cadence sensor yet due to geometry and all the other stuff down there at the BB.
Grin is good. At 30% off I should probably buy another wheel. The baserunner controller fits in the base under a suitable battery. It would probably be best to buy a battery from Grin with the baserunner installed. It's doable for a dyi, but an inconvenience.

Last edited:
I love to ride it. It can go 30+mph on throttle with a 52v battery. The only thing is that it's a torque sensing PAS. I have one leg that is stronger than the other. I've learned to lessen the stronger leg while pedaling to avoid surging. I haven't been able to fit the cadence sensor yet due to geometry and all the other stuff down there at the BB.
Grin is good. At 30% off I should probably buy another wheel. The baserunner controller fits in the base under a suitable battery. It would probably be best to buy a battery from Grin with the baserunner installed. It's doable for a dyi, but an inconvenience.
What about the weight of the hub? How does that work out with the rear suspension?

The total bike weighs 60 lbs, so about a quarter of that is the rear wheel. It's about 10 lbs heavier than my mid-drive bike. I don't feel the weight on the wheel when riding it, and the suspension reminds me of sewing machine in operation. I do light trail use with the bike, and the road. Haven't had any issues with the rear wheel. I really like the regen braking too.

Back