Unique Business/Design Opportunity

Again, OLD Information, besides this was supposed to be about building a new e-trike. Why are you making it your personal agenda ?????

I guess you just have nothing better to do with your free time. Please get a life, Tyler.

Don

Dr. Shock said:
Ok, Don. It sounded like an investment solicitation there for a minute. Those questions and many more like them are the ones I'd be asking if someone were offering me a business opportunity. Maybe when the project gets further along, you'll find them useful.

Great questions - maybe the team should make you the business manager !

Best,

Don

Don Harmon said:
Again, OLD Information, besides this was supposed to be about building a new e-trike. Why are you making it your personal agenda ?????

I guess you just have nothing better to do with your free time. Please get a life, Tyler.
Nothing personal... strictly b'ness:

LifeBatt has no patents
LifeBatt has no trademarks
LifeBatt has no factory

BoomerBents has no patents
BoomerBents has no trademarks
BoomerBents has no factory

Formfactory has no patents
Formfactory has no trademarks
Formfactory has no factory

"Unique Business/Design Opportunity"
"I am looking for partners who want to join in the design and the investment and the risk involved in a new venture like this. "

Viel Gluck.

TylerDurden said:
Don Harmon said:

Nothing personal... strictly b'ness:

LifeBatt has no patents
LifeBatt has no trademarks
LifeBatt has no factory

BoomerBents has no patents
BoomerBents has no trademarks
BoomerBents has no factory

Formfactory has no patents
Formfactory has no trademarks
Formfactory has no factory

Everything said above is entirely false information. The ravings of a total moron! Too bad, this could have been a cool project!

Best,
Don Harmon

http://www.uspto.gov
lifebatt-pat11.jpg

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=5dtdv4.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=lifebatt&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query
lifebatt-TMt2.jpg

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=5dtdv4.4.1
lifebatt-TMt3.jpg

So sad :lol: LiFeBatt - U.S. Trademark Application Serial No. 77378041

Have a Nice Day!

Don

Don Harmon said:
WRONG COMPANY NAME YOU MORON!

take your pick... they're all dry.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=5tbhjg.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=lifebatt&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

{http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=5tbhjg.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=lifebatt&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query}

"Great questions - maybe the team should make you the business manager !

Best,

Don"

I used to get paid to make clients ask and answer those questions. They were always glad they did in the end. The earlier in a project they get asked the better.

Well.. i often come up with all kinds of ideas and only work on a fraction of them.. and can't afford most of the things i dream up.. so if someone can take an idea and run with it having access to various resources then great. have at it.

Where i have a problem is when someone invents.. works on... pours his heart and soul into a finalized product to have it get copied and ruined in a fraction of the time it took to create.

copyrights and patents don't mean much these days.. sad.. but .... sad.

I guess this Group does have a Moderator afterall, My Message got deleted and it was too long to do it over again. I hit Preview and read it, hit Submit and it appeared after Ypedal and now when I return it is not there and neither is the reply from Don Harmon.

I have had this happen before.. if a reply happens while you are typing, the site displays a message that a reply was posted and your own post won't show unless you click submit again...

Moderation on this forum is at a minimum... i doubt the post got deletetd on purpose.. :( ... but i could be wrong.

edit : and speaking of moderation.. TD .. wtf man... have i missed something or what? this is no different than revdon trying to start a group of contributors on a project.... it's not a hyjack and it's in the right section of the forum... so what gives ?

Ypedal said:
TD .. wtf man... have i missed something or what? this is no different than revdon trying to start a group of contributors on a project.... it's not a hyjack and it's in the right section of the forum... so what gives ?
Before anybody puts effort into a project under somebody else's control/specifications, they might wanna know who they're dealing with.

Harmon has an agenda to milk the better-brains to support his battery biz.

RevDon also started his challenge before he announced his venture. (Hmmmmmm....)

The links are posted above for anyone here to research LiFeBatt/Boomerbents/Formfactory, PSI, et. al. for themselves.

:D

Regardless of egos, or manufacturing location, I accept the fact the Raptor is a likely a quality machine. Design changes notwithstanding it would be very important to me to know exactly who the market is, where the market is along with current and anticipated sales volume.

The Raptor is an expensive machine and manufacturing/assembling in the United States is likely to increase that cost. For not much more money a "Star" brand street legal golf cart which can be equipped with stereo, curtains and even four seats is available and it seems to me that a product such as that would share the market.

I live in a fairly high end (to 8 - 10 M) gated community with a very high percentage of retired people living here. I also play golf in other, similar, gated communities and have an opportunity to interact with the people that live in them. So far I am the only one, to the best of my knowledge, with an electric bicycle and I have one friend with an electric scooter which he no longer rides. Golf carts however are another story and these are immensely popular in communities where permitted. What this means, to me at least for the moment, is that if I opened a "Raptor" store down the road and depended on it to make a living I could very well starve to death.

One of the bag rats (or cart attendant for the politically correct) at my club has exhibited an interest in getting an electric bike. He has ridden mine and enjoyed the experience and is considering one he has found on the web for just under a thousand dollars. I had him look at the Raptor site and his reaction is, perhaps, typical. He felt the machine was very attractive and likely comfortable but that a trike would limit his ability to travel on the road, particularly staying in the bike lanes and maybe even garner unwanted attention from law enforcement officials. He further admitted the price of the Raptor was out of the question and I have to agree with him.

From a personal perspective I understand the increased comfort level of the Raptor over my bike and agree with my bag rat friend re potential law enforcement interest. I don't want to be the one pulled over and to educate the officer at to the legality of the machine. My journey into electric bikes has been a long one, about 10 years and my current bike has approximately $2,200 invested in it including the LiPO4 batteries. I also have three electric scooters and we carry two of them with us when traveling on the boat. They provide excellent transportation around the marinas for sightseeing and grocery shopping. I can afford a Raptor but at the moment believe my bike is much more convenient, particularly with the increased range the LiPO4's provide.

Likely other forum members feel the same way regardless of the price of the product, that a bicycle has more conventional uses than the trike. That's why your responding to market is so important to me. I realize that in other parts of the country or even the state could very well have completely different ideals as to potential of the Raptor.

Enough for now, my bride is calling me for dinner and that I need.
Mike

For manufacture location you might consier Belize or Guyana. They are at least commonwealth countries with english like language and Commonwealth tradition for laws. They also have CAPCOM(sp?) trade preference. The echange rate to Guyana is 175 to 1, Belize is 2 to 1 IIRC.

Just a short note on your Raptor comments. The Raptor is "Street Legal" where most golf carts are not. I know, their are Golf Cart Communities and you can drive the carts anywhere within the community, but normally they are restricted from the local streets. At least that's the way it is here in Las Vegas regarding Golf Carts. The Raptor, however is considered an electric assist bicycle (three wheels) and 750 W. Motor with pedals, ( by Federal Standards) so there is no license, registration, or insurance involved and you can ride it wherever bicycles are allowed. We ride ours on the sidewalks here in Las Vegas - out in the suburbs anyway, which are nice and wide and almost totally un-populated. We have never been cited or hassled by the police. Last year we sold just about 60 Raptors, and so far no owner has reported any problems with the law. I would hear about it for sure if they did. Our typical owners are older men & women in the age range of 60 - 93! They are also very vocal, and tend to check things out very thoroughly before they purchase.

We are presently re-evaluating building a new machine for next year, and probably will lean to more of a Sport Bike to appeal to a wider market. It will be powered by LiFeBATT LiFePO4 battery packs, so getting the cost down will be a major challenge for us. We'll let you know how we do ? Before you write back telling me all about different State & Local restrictions - we always tell our customers to check their local statutes and call their local police departments before they buy a Raptor, just to make shure there isn't some lame restriction, and so far we have not run afowl of the laws in any state where we have shipped a Raptor into. I am sure someone will want to raise the "exception" - but please save your breath. It has never been a concern for us.

Raptor's are currently living in California, Texas, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, South Carolina, and New Foundland......probably a few more places I can't think of right now ?

Cheers!

Don Harmon

Best,

Don Harmon

Lessss said:
For manufacture location you might consier Belize or Guyana. They are at least commonwealth countries with english like language and Commonwealth tradition for laws. They also have CAPCOM(sp?) trade preference. The echange rate to Guyana is 175 to 1, Belize is 2 to 1 IIRC.

Do you have some contacts that you can offer either here or off-list ? We have no experience dealing with these countries.

Best,

Don

Nice place to work from with a swimming pool and jacuzzi to relax. You should try it ......saves a lot of gas commuting too! :D

Here is a view outside my office window. It's better than the Google maps show.

Cheers!

Don Harmon

Back