Volcon Brat Display Settings

MDG

100 W
Hey all, I have a Volcon Brat with I believe a Yolin YL80C display and their K6 5 button switch. I was wondering if anyone has a good idea of how to access the advanced settings, if there even is one on here. I watched a ton of videos and tutorials on this speedo by holding the +- buttons but all that does it change it from P1 to P2 which is the normal to off road mode. I can also hold these two buttons and turn it on which switches between 36 and 48 which I am assuming is the voltage. Left it at 48.

Thanks! IMG_3167.jpegIMG_3173.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3174.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 5
Any update on this? Using my brat as my main transportation and trying to make my rides faster, and hopefully longer with a better battery/controller/motor when i find the best option!

If your'e going to be changing the battery/motor/controller you'll also be changing the display.

Also, if you do that, then nothing about the bike's existing setup, etc will matter, as those will be unrelated and different from your new equipment. ;)

To make your rides longer you just need a higher capacity (more Ah) battery.

To make them faster, you need higher voltage battery and/or higher kV motor, (and controller that handles the higher voltage).

You can use the simulator at ebikes.ca to guesstimate the characteristics of the system you'll need to do what you want.

Thank you so much. I honestly have no intentions of touching the motor as that’s a last resort. If I can do this solely with battery/controller that’d be amazing news. Even just the battery alone would be better lol looking at this

Last edited:
What voltage (full) is your present battery, and what is it's Ah (or Wh) listing, and it's A rating? You'll need those to be sure of getting a battery that will work with your system with no modifications or other parts replacements besides connectors and such. Any battery you get has to be the same full voltage, and it has to be at least as high an A rating, and as much more Ah rating as you want greater range.

The linked battery "EM3ev 52V (14S4P) Super Shark Ebike Battery" is from a good company from reports around here.

It says it is 40A capable (depending on which cells you have it built with), so it's likely more than able to handle your bike's system load; you can check the controller's current rating to make sure it is less than that.

Depending on the cells you choose for it, it's around 9-12Ah. So to guesstimate the range from it, it will be proportional to the range you get from your existing battery's Ah.

It's going to be almost 59v full charge, so your system has to already have a battery that high a voltage to not risk damage to the system.

MDG posted the replacement Volcon sent them. So I’m assuming this is the stock controller Volcon used on their Brats! Any clue where I could get a controller that would work if I got that battery? If this is even a good decision lol sorry I need help with this IMG_7577.png

The controller says it's current limit is 28A rounded up, so as long as the battery you choose has a higher A capability than that, the battery can handle the load. (assuming that your Brat is the same model, year, etc as the one that MDG has, and that they sent MDG the same controller as was original. To be certain, you'd need to check the label on your actual bike's controller).

You still need to know the other stuff on your existing battery for the other compatibilities.

Nothing will really help until you get the info from your actual battery label, etc, so there is something to compare to. ;)

Cool to see some traction on this. I am keeping it all as is for now but have been putting together a list of components to get this converted to 72V

It does involve a new motor, controller and battery of course. Plan to us a 205 and Votol em150 controller with a 3 speed switch setup. Most likely 80A continuous and then still run the 16t rear free wheel sprocket, even though it won’t do a damn thing except make the bike look “legal” still.

I did consider trying a 52V battery but didn’t want to mess up the controller so just left it for now.

I installed new brakes but a new motor is outside of my comfort lol. Would you be willing to compile a list of things I could buy? I could hopefully find a shop to do it, with the hopes of it not costing an arm and a leg lol. I’m comfortable with going 40s and max 50 but not comfortable with 60mph yet lol.

I installed new brakes but a new motor is outside of my comfort lol. Would you be willing to compile a list of things I could buy? I could hopefully find a shop to do it, with the hopes of it not costing an arm and a leg lol. I’m comfortable with going 40s and max 50 but not comfortable with 60mph yet lol.

Yeah I can get a list together as I go. The swingarm will 100% have to be modified. I’ve got a full shop and tools to do so, others may not making it not such a plug and play option.

I don’t want to hit 60’s either. Mid 40’s would be plenty with more torque and such for hills and keeping up with traffic.

Sent you a dm! My bad for making this thread long lol. That’s the exact product though
Public threads are the place for this kind of thing, because the time spent benefits many people, not just one.

If you want to have a separate thread for your stuff I could move it out of this one, but this one will be very short and lonely then. :)

you’re right! I didn’t want it to be annoying but it could help someone else one day 😎 I’m new to endless sphere but I love it so far! Much better than Reddit

. That’s the exact product though
Ah. Since you titled the link "found this today" it seemed like just another link to another possible product. You might consider using words and phrases that convey the specific information you want. :)

So, the info on that page is quoted below this post. It says that it's a 46v battery, which using either 3.6v or 3.7v nominal, comes out to somewhere around a 12.5s battery, which isn't possible. The actual specs are unknown, because the page lists several different batteries, and none of them say what actual cells are used, or any of the series/parallel configurations for them. There is one section below all those that gives some detailed specifications for a 13s6p battery, but it is not clear if this refers to the battery this page is intended to discuss, or if it is one of the others. (many sales pages are poorly written in this way).

So, to be sure, you'll still have to look at the *actual label* of your *actual battery* that you have on your bike, to find out what it is, so you can compare it to other packs to find out what the new pack has to be to give you the range you want, and to be compatible with your existing system. The full voltage may not be listed on the battery itself, but it probably is listed on the charger label.

If you don't want to look at the stuff you actually have there, I wouldn't want to just guess and wouldn't be able to help any further. Any guesses I make could be very wrong, and you could blow up your bike or battery or start a fire with the resulting advice.

Some "if's":

If it *is* actually a 13s6p, then it's not a 46v battery, it's a 48v battery, and if it's using typical 18650 "li-ion" cells then it charges to about 54v, so any new battery you get would need to also charge to that full voltage. If the new battery is 13s of typical "li-ion" cells, then that is going to charge to that same voltage. (so you could use your existing charger, instead of buying a new one to go with the new battery, as long as the charge connector is also the same).

If the capacity of the linked battery is actually 15.6Ah as it's title says (no way to know without knowing the actual specific cells used and the actual configuration of cells), then the EM3EV battery is smaller in capacity and would give you less range, not more. (unless you are adding it as a second battery you can swap in for the original when the original runs out during a ride).

46V 15.6Ah Electric Bicycle Lithium Battery Pack customized Capacity​

Specifications

Type: Li-Ion,Lithium Battery

Cycle Life: 500-1000 Times

Application: Electric Bike

Capacity: 10 - 30Ah,100Ah Or Customized

Voltage: 36V / 48V

Certification: CE/ROSH/UL/MSDS/UN38.3

Cell: Panasonic/Samsung/LG/Local Cell

Oem: Acceptable,Welcome,Yes

High Light:

Customized Electric Bicycle Lithium Battery​

13S6P Lithium Battery Pack​

46V 15.6Ah E Bike Battery Pack​

Product Description

46V 15.6Ah Electric Bicycle Lithium Battery Pack Customized Capacity

Redar Li-18650-13S6P For Electric Bicycle Battery

1 Product Configuration 产品配置​

No.Item 项目Criteria 标准Remark
1电 芯 Lithium-ion Battery CellTNL-ITR18650-2600P
2PCM
自制保护板:pCM-F46.8V 20-80A-NTC-ND-

66x52x15-(RYD-13S-088)-带二次保护-加工 BOM(2)
3Connector
充电:DC-5521-22AWG 硅胶线

放电:4pin 插头-14AWG 硅胶线

电池类型​

Battery type​
电池尺寸 (mm )Dimensions D*H(max)
导线长度(mm)Lead exposure​

L​
端子头方向Terminal head direction
浸锡长度

Immersion tin size

锂离子圆柱​

Li-ion Cylindrical​
368±1*90±1*137.4±1mm///

1 Product Specification 产品规格​

No.

content

Testing method

Remark

1​
Charge cut-off voltage

54.6V

2​
Discharge cut-off voltage

36.4V

3​

Standard charge

在环境温度25±2℃条件下,以2A电流恒流充电至54.6V,转54.6V恒压充电,直到充电电流≤0.02C.Under the condition of the ambient temperature of 25±2℃,Charge the battery at constant current of 2A to reach 54.6V. Then charge the battery at constant 54.6V voltage until the charging current decreasing to 0.02C.​

4​

Standard discharge

以标准充电模式满充后,搁置2小时,以2A电流恒流放电至

36.4V.

After the standard charging , rest for hour then discharge to 36.4V@2A.

Shipmentsvoltage
46.1-47.4V带电量≤30 %

6​

Maximum Charge Current
≤2A

7​
Maximum continuous working current

≤25A
≤10min 或电芯表面温度超过 70℃ 断开

8​

Rated capacity​

标称容量Typical capacity:15.6Ah

最小容量Minimum capacity:14.5Ah
标准充电然后标准 放 电 standard discharge after standard charge

9​
Operation temperature range充电:5~45℃

湿度:60±25% 60±25%R.H
放电:0~50℃

Storage temperature​

小于 1 个月:-20 ~ 45℃

≤1 month: -20 ~ 45℃

湿度:60±25%

长时间储存最佳温度:10~25℃ 60±25%R.H

Best 10~25℃ for long-time storage

小于 3 个月:-10 ~ 30℃

≤3 months: -10 ~ 30℃

小于 1 年:0 ~ 30℃

≤1 year: 0 ~ 30℃

11​

Impedance​

<150mΩ

12​

Weight​

Approx:4.5±0.5kg

From volcon: RydBatt, they are Lithium ion battery packs, 48.6v, 730Wh, 15.4Ah using 18650 cells.

“Found this today” is what I did. LOL they said the product and this is the site that makes said product and had the volcon brat “pack” (didn’t know it would not match its description)
You’re speaking to someone that isn’t as familiar with ebike specs as you may be. I’m on here asking for advice on how to make it faster for primary transportation. That’s all. :) Still unsure how I’ll proceed with modding but that’s helpful so thanks!

Last edited:
From volcon: RydBatt, they are Lithium ion battery packs, 48.6v, 730Wh, 15.4Ah using 18650 cells.
That's part of what we needed to know, but you still need to know the full charge voltage (usually marked on the charger) or the pack configuration (not usually marked on them or provided by the bike sellers).

I wouldn't be asking for this information if it wasn't needed to be sure you won't blow up your bike or battery or a new battery.

These things are almost always printed on the labels for the items in question. If they're not, then you'll have to find them some other way, such as measuring voltages with a multimeter, etc. But it is normally very easy simple and quick to just look at the labels on these things. It's ok if you don't want to, but I can't give you accurate advice without accurate information.

“Found this today” is what I did. LOL they said the product and this is the site that makes said product and had the volcon brat “pack” (didn’t know it would not match its description)
It might be what you *did* but it doesn't communicate any useful information to us. If you don't give us useful information, we can't give you any back.

You’re speaking to someone that isn’t as familiar with ebike specs as you may be. I’m on here asking for advice on how to make it faster for primary transportation. That’s all. :) Still unsure how I’ll proceed with modding but that’s helpful so thanks!
And that is why I keep trying to get you to do specific things and give us specific info. If you're unwilling to do that, then hopefully someone will be able to randomly give you the help you need by accident. :/

All we can do right now is guess what you actually physically have there. It might or might not match any data found on the internet, and relying on it matching that data could cost you a lot of money and waste everyone's time, including yours.

If we didn't need the info to help you, we wouldn't ask; we're not bots collecting information to serve you ads. ;)

Haha omg. Trust me I would have by now. Definitely not trying to withhold any info from anyone! I’m asking for help for a reason 😎 I’m in the process of moving so I don’t have it with me. Needless to say, I can’t just take a pic of it at the moment. Just tried getting you any info possible with what I could.. I’ll have my gf take me back over later today so I can snap a pic lol. Thanks again.

Haha omg. Trust me I would have by now. Definitely not trying to withhold any info from anyone! I’m asking for help for a reason 😎 I’m in the process of moving so I don’t have it with me. Needless to say, I can’t just take a pic of it at the moment. Just tried getting you any info possible with what I could.. I’ll have my gf take me back over later today so I can snap a pic lol. Thanks again.
Well, you could have just said you don't have access to them, and we would then have known that, and then I wouldn't have had to keep asking. I would've just waited until you did have access. ;)

Back