Questions about the 168DX Display and Throttle, installed on a Vivo Bike

beegee87

1 µW
Good Evening folks!

Lets consider this topic a 3in1...
-Presentation of Man and Machine
-Technical Specs of the Machine
-Questions of installed aftermarket modification (XLD Brainpower Controller with Display "Shifter")

I'm BeeGee from the age 87, raised on Portugal, got my taste on e-bikes some year ago, with the boom and dissemination of Scooter all around the city, making it a huge Playground. Of course i "played" with them a lot but wanted to go the extra mile...

Instead of buying a kit, to make my 12kilo dahon, into a breakneck heavy BMX experience, i found out a VIVO Bike in second hand at the price of a kit....

This is an VFA20F - from VivoBike Italian based e-bike maker
vivobike-1.jpg
https://www.vivobike.it/fat-bike-vfa20f.html
A foldable fat bike, equiped with a 36v Battery, 250W Hengtai Hub Motor, controlled by PAS only, as it is by European Rules...

Well, i followed the rules, riding the city to and from the job, in few words its a "slow but confortable experience", batery lasting for 20ish kilometers, helping slowly on uphills but not sweaty, starting at red lights was a joke, but acceptable.

With the pandemic, i went back from the city, to the country side, no more using the e-bike to go work, step uphills, and no bus lanes to escape the traffic, so i limited the use of the bike for riding around vilages.

Having the spare time, i invested on a Throttle + controller, has the original one didnt have the option.

I got from an "Online Store" a "250/350W 36V 168dx-4 XunLiDa Controller" plus the 168dx display itself. I only knew the name of the Display when i got it in my hands... The buy page on an "Online Store" only stated the info in spanish (controller plus shifter).... And searching the internet around would give nothing...

I dunno if I can post links to "Online Stores" or related, but if you Google "168dx throttle", you'll get the pages it the controller and throttle, plus some shaddy instructions...
vivobike-2.jpg

I 3d printed the half throttle atachment there...
168dx-1.jpg
Now I have the info on it, but questions remains.
The controller was installed, pretty straight foward, it runs well, except for the PAS, stopped working from begining and now its useless (i broke some of its inside teeth...).

The Display has lots of Program Settings inside but i can't find some of its options, Willing to make the most of it with your help, here's what i found at the moment:

P1 - 0-8 - brightness display light
P2 - 0-1 ????? couldn't find what it relates to
P3 - 24-36-48 battery volt
P4 - 0 - 255 - Display and Shutdown sleep timer
P6 - 0 - 50 - Wheel Size in inch (put mine on the 28, 20 plus 8 inch)
P7 - 0 255 - Pole ratio (i couldn't find the ratio for this Hengtai Hub, its working with 200, stable at the moment, but would appreciate more insight on this)
P8 - 0 - 255 (speed limit)
P9 - 0 -1 zero start 0 is On, 1 needs a Push (the main reason I needed a throttle, was to help "kicking" the bike)
PA - 0 - 2 drive modes - 0 only PAS - 1 only throttle - 2 both Drives
PE - reset Odometer
A1 - 0 - 255 - pedal sensivity (never worked, PAS based)
A2 - 0 - 5 - pedal strength
A3 - 05 - 08 - 12 - pedal sensor (this bike uses a 5 magnet sensor, altough i didnt work)
P6 or Pb - 0 - 255 ?????? another setting i couldn't find or see changes in the bike behaviour
A4 - 310 - ??????? This number is not changeable, could relate to the Hub Motor Wattage
A5 - 0 - 1 - ??????? Another setting I couldn't find or see changes in the bike behavior
Pc - 0 - 1 cruise control - 1 on 0 off

My main question is to find the ?????? and fill the gaps on this 168dx, or to find a proper manual for it.
Also to find the pole or ratio count on the Hengtai 250W Hub Motor, for fine tuning.
vivobike-3.jpg
Upon close inspection, the person who sold me the bike, said its powered by a 350W motor because of the extra weight... well, i cant compare a 250 one with this one because i dont have access to one unfortunatelly, I know some motors have more torque than stated on the frame but cant say its the case.

Thats it folks, another bike that runs happy (on straights) till the battery or the gears wear out...

Hi, I also use a XunLiDa controller, bought in a complete kit at Aliexpress. The display doesn't run anymore but I didnt find any other compoatibel display.
Where You bougth your Display?

Thank You

Back