West Coast US Events

Alan B said:
Grange Race April 7th now in the record book.

Next SoCal Race in early June (at a different track?)!

We attended this race and had a lot of fun!

Here are some photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115808145206794427034/GrangeRace20120407?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOj0subjjYvNuAE&feat=directlink
You take really good pics. Please come on out and take some more.

Next race is this Saturday June 2nd 2012 back at Grange Motor Circuit.
Only difference is that we are running the track backwards which is clockwise for the only time this year.

Thanks for the kind words.

Wow, your June event is here already, great to announce it on this thread again for folks who are following this thread or getting email and not following the forum closely.

I hope to make another event, though this time I'll have to pass. We had a good time last time. Have a great race!

My bike will sadly not be ready in time for this event. It's under the knife right now for a major over-haul.

I must seek revenge:

Actually, just looking to have a good time. I'm bringing a few pages of 6" sticky back numbers, for my nemesis #200 :!: and anyone else without numbers. I'll be running a "cute 128" at about 1.5K and using Shamano clipless pedals in the heat. Toying with running 2K thru it for the final.

The Cute hubbie has holes drilled to pull in air as it spins. I'm surmissing that hitting top speed in short distances will let the mini motor cool. Should be an interesting endeavor. (just got in another cute to replace if this one melts)

Volt up, gear down :!:

Attachments

• 2293.jpg
    2293.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 3,815
That picture is one of the coolest on ES. Priceless.

Good luck this weekend! I hope you smoke some smokers. :)

There has been very little promoted about this upcoming race lately. Good luck Will, Smoke um! :D

My bike is working well, but I couldn't for the life of me justify driving all the way down there for another SNAFU race.

Best of luck, Will!

See you all in hell. I will bring beer and cheetos :twisted:

Cheetos and Corona, my kind of diet. Oh man, Alan, you get such great camera shots. Evo, you and Dave31 should see about riding out for 1 of these. It truly wasn't the same without Luke CrotchRocket, Farfle, and the Hubzilla crowd.

Thanks fellow ES'ers for the well wishes. Attendance was a bit lite, 40 racers or so, no E's and hot weather. The mopes showed up sorta filling the vacuum from me being the only E-racer.

(The little cute didn't like to freewheel engage at 15S, 56V, but was ridable. Had to reapply the throttle 2-3times coming out of corners. I squeaked a 5th place, out of 10, by only 2-3inches heat 2.
Tried 18S for the final, but when the green flag waved, discovered the freewheel would not engage for more than a second. The cute128 mini-motor isn't a racer due to its' freewheel designed for operation at modest voltages.
Back at home, it runs as it always did on 12S, occassionally fussy 'bout engaging but OK overall.)

The <50cc low-power class survives. Hope to see it grow.

I trust you guys are rebuilding and the E's will return in force at the next race :!: It doesn't rain in June down at Riverside, CA. Next race June 16. See you there :!:
Will

I've been working on deathbike all day today, hopefully she should be ready for the 15th and badder than ever before.

Thank you for being an "E" presence at the event Will.

luke, you guys can run monster truck tires on your bikes at my races!

anything goes, as long as it has functioning pedals.

June 16th, adams track in riverside. details here: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39100

and, i'll make sure the winners all get trophies!

All I need is a sponcer & I am in.........anyone?
I have a racing resume' with championships & international experiance :p

I'll even ride a gasser if i can get out there..... :twisted: :mrgreen:

Todd, your registration is always 'sponsored' but my pockets aren't so deep. Maybe this fall. Yep, what'd I give to see all the big name racers get together for a real championship run :!:

(Dogmanz, PaulD, AGK, Christophe, Todd, Luke, Zombiess, Stevil, Farfle, who did I forget?)

Pics from this weekends Ebike vs gas bikes race. :)

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Luke,

I take it that you finished this one. Congrats! I'm sure you smoked everything there and just cruising. Great shots of the power wheelies. I can just imagine what that acceleration is like to mono with that CG placement, and the smile on your face behind the shield out of every corner. The bike is absolutely bada$$. Is that the new front forks on there? I thought the tire was much bigger in an earlier pic. I hope you got vids again. I wanna see the upgrades in action from your perspective again.

Now you gotta build another. I'll armor up and we'll go play chase in the traffic, away from home so we can just vanish if they turn up the heat. :mrgreen: I'll leave the tracks to you experts.

Nothing short of tremendous Luke 'ole Boy :!: Nicobe thought the matchup of 2012 could be Thud and Luke. But last night, 6/16/12, I think he missed it.

Christophe, seasoned mo-ped builder and racer with roots way over in France, where serious mo-ped racing reinghs supreme, had a go at it with Luke. He sometimes pulled up on the big electric's rear tire and 1 time he got his front wheel under Luke's elbow, but Luke had no mind to give him any room to cinch a pass. Man, we were enthralled lap after lap. Yet after 12, when the checkered flag waved, it was cool-E Luke, front wheel in the air, going faster (?60 to 70) than any Tasmanian need go on a "bike."

More of you folks gotta give this sport a whirl. It's quite gratifying to design/build a machine that can corner, brake, whose acceleration exceeds any chemical rush known to man, that relies on a power storage source no bigger than a shoebox, and to have it come together out on the proving ground of the asphalt track.

Congratulations Luke for besting the worthiest competitors.

Had a great time yesterday guys! Nice to see old friends and meet new ones. Serious props to Luke for taming the wild stallion he calls Deathbike. I actually refused a ride on the beast after the moped pilot told me he couldn't pin the throttle without his spacesuit on. Don't know about you guys, but I am used to slamming the throttle to the stops, and didn't trust my right wrist to behave himself. :lol: I decided to battle it out with the 2 strokers which was just about right for my bike's power output. As usual, I had them in the turns, but they had the straightway speeds. The little Turnigy had help from the helpful people at Misty Mate and if you looked carefully, you could see me pumping down the straights! :wink:

2012-06-17_09-38-29_719.jpg
2012-06-17_09-38-07_390.jpg

Will, you impressed the hell out of me man! The old guy really turned it on for this event! :twisted: I suggest some better safety equipment my friend, your wife will not be happy bathing your ass if you break a collarbone. :lol:

There are some seriously good riders out there now, so if you are thinking about racing, you better be prepared to leave it all out there on the track, cuz passing is not for the faint of heart ( said the guy dusting it off through the pits :wink: ).

Please post those race vids Luke, but please... No pics of those boot blisters, I don't even want to know. :x

[youtube]gy_b4pf1mOE[/youtube]

It was like this all day!! Close wheel to wheel racing, more people need to show up for these events!

Oh, and a HUGE thanks to Will for bringing flags, it really makes it a better event!

Dammit luke, what kinda favors did you have to pull to get your hands on that motor... How does it perform at it's current power level?

Back