West Coast US Events

John in CR said:
Pure Bucket List stuff. Light EV, CG that forward, and the torque to do a power mono. Can't believe Etard passed on the chance for a ride.

Thats power. We need 1/4 mile times!!!! Awesome!

Can't believe Etard passed on the chance for a ride.

I can't either, but it was dark and my nerves were shot from wrecking and racing 2-strokers. There will be other chances, Luke seems to have it dialed, and I go to nearly every race.

Next time I'm bringing my 955 for the unlimited class. :wink:

Thud, can we get 1 more KW out of this motor? Dual misters? :lol: I was running with damn Scotto, I'm sick of seeing that yellow jersey!

congratulations Luke on your win, your bike is surely impressive, Etard I was 2 bikes behind you when you went down in the main, I hope you keep your bike the same because I want to race you again and that bike seems to match up with the China 2 strokes. I hope to see more e-bikes at the September race. see you in the pits -magrider-

Welcome to the dark side Mag! 8) 8)

I enjoyed talking to you about racing. I could see you sneak up to me before that fun super bank turn, and knew you were right always around! Both of us had to make up ground to get to the front, what place did you end up getting? That turn I went down on was a best case scenario, slow and low.

Did you guys like the chicanery? I think that's why the racing was so good, riders that might not have the speed could make up for it in the twisties.

etard said:
Can't believe Etard passed on the chance for a ride.

I can't either, but it was dark and my nerves were shot from wrecking and racing 2-strokers. There will be other chances, Luke seems to have it dialed, and I go to nearly every race.

Next time I'm bringing my 955 for the unlimited class. :wink:

Thud, can we get 1 more KW out of this motor? Dual misters? :lol: I was running with damn Scotto, I'm sick of seeing that yellow jersey!

Hey etard, you're only sick of seeing that yellow jersey when it's infront of you, I don't think it bothers Thud too much :D

And don't forget to bring the watered down dual pie for dessert Farfle.....I'm already gettin kinda hungry.

Side note etard: that is not my usual yellow Suzuki USA (Roger DeCoster) world championship jersey you were chasing at Adam's....that was an older Bultaco "Floyd Emde" yellow jersey from the early 70's. Like anyone really cares :roll:

Etard:
motor solutions are on the way....will they be here by september? I don't know.
scotto:
....that was an older Bultaco "Floyd Emde" yellow jersey from the early 70's. Like anyone really cares
I care! I think that is actually cooler than the uber mass produced DeCoster Jersey!

so from the looks of it the adams track is laid out for better racing...& doesn't favor Raw power over riders skills so much? (unless your running 9x as much hehe Luke)

Arlo1 said:
John in CR said:
Pure Bucket List stuff. Light EV, CG that forward, and the torque to do a power mono. Can't believe Etard passed on the chance for a ride.

Thats power. We need 1/4 mile times!!!! Awesome!

I think Etard was wise in not doing so, I wouldn't either! You'ld be alot safer riding a raw lightening bolt. Luke's bike is NUTZ!

Thud said:
Etard:
motor solutions are on the way....will they be here by september? I don't know.
scotto:
....that was an older Bultaco "Floyd Emde" yellow jersey from the early 70's. Like anyone really cares
I care! I think that is actually cooler than the uber mass produced DeCoster Jersey!

so from the looks of it the adams track is laid out for better racing...& doesn't favor Raw power over riders skills so much? (unless your running 9x as much hehe Luke)

Hey Thud, look forward to seeing you back in Cali for some fun racing! That old Bultaco jersey dates me........did I say old? :mrgreen:

Finally finished putting together the onboard footage. Its a combo of my forward and rear facing cams, and my buddy Ryans forward cam.

Its uploading now... all 1080p though so its going to take a few hours.

liveforphysics said:
Finally finished putting together the onboard footage. Its a combo of my forward and rear facing cams, and my buddy Ryans forward cam.

Great LFP, can't wait to see my slow stinky bike in action :mrgreen: I think I might need to drop a 450cc engine into the ol' Felt slant just to keep up on the straights...

I think a tuned 450cc motocross engine and 6spd would be a good place to start, but this would still burn it down the straights.:)

Good to see you hear Scotto. One step closer to seeing the light and going to the silent torque side. :)

That picture of the start of the final is awesome, your bike in a wheelie looks great!

Oops double post.

liveforphysics said:

That Truly was a Bat Out of Hell Finish Luke. Extreme Acceleration Insanely Awesome! :twisted:

And eTard missed out on the butter smooth throttle??? :roll: :p

Video is up!

[youtube]rd4CvNXGmB4[/youtube]

Scotto post up some pix of your bike from the race, we all appreciate mechanical goodness!
(they have to be less than 800 pixels wide to be placed in line and show in your post, else you get a file title to click on.)

bigmoose said:
Scotto post up some pix of your bike from the race, we all appreciate mechanical goodness!
(they have to be less than 800 pixels wide to be placed in line and show in your post, else you get a file title to click on.)
I really didn't think there would be an interest of viewing an ICE bike on this site, but I think pics of my bike have already been posted here. Let me see if I can post a few recent pics for you with the new 24" wheelset.......

awesome pics and vid! what can be better than this!
file.php

luke, can you describe in detail what your throttle is like? we've all seen the wheelie fail, but what's it like to operate in a race like this. is a full twist like 90 degrees or 120? seems like a millimeter here or there results in a huge torque diff. however you explain, i'd just be curious to hear how it operates..

How is the gasser with "Tomahawk Tuning" on it a bicycle? I don't see pedals.

Thanks for the pics of your bike Scotto, you did a nice job packaging all those drivetrain parts in a small space, and it seems to work very well out there.

GCinDC- The throttle on a Sevcon is buttery smooth torque control. You move the throttle 5%, it just gives you 5% torque, no big snapping hit, just smoothly delivered torque proportional to the throttle position. You could comfortably ride the bike along at 5mph with your grandma on the back. Or you can ask it for a bunch of torque... and you better be prepared to be sliding on your back on the asphalt. But unlike pink-bike, it won't throw you on the asphault when you only asked for 10% throttle, you have to have your wrist ask the bike for it on this machine.

etard said:
Welcome to the dark side Mag! 8) 8)

I enjoyed talking to you about racing. I could see you sneak up to me before that fun super bank turn, and knew you were right always around! Both of us had to make up ground to get to the front, what place did you end up getting? That turn I went down on was a best case scenario, slow and low.

Did you guys like the chicanery? I think that's why the racing was so good, riders that might not have the speed could make up for it in the twisties.

Etard, I placed 2nd. that track was fun but I think the chicanes kept the race to one line only racing, If you wanted to make a pass we would be bumping elbows, and anything could happen. I can't afford stupid mistakes on the track, Like most I have to be at work on Monday to take care of my responsibilities.

Baird is going to change the track up a little with other track options and hopefully their will be safer opportunities for passing. I'm looking forward to the race in Sept. hopefully I will have enough nerve to take my Italian on the track and race in the Unlimited class with Luke, Just finishing will be reward enough, he has a super fast bike and I know I can't contend against him.

veloman said:
How is the gasser with "Tomahawk Tuning" on it a bicycle? I don't see pedals.

Christophe doesn't have pedals on his moped, so it's called a noped. He is very into racing and promotes through out the moped community, he is well respected in the community.
he showed up at the Grange last year with his racing noped and moped, and he knew that if he wasn't going to win anything because his bike doesn't fit within the 'rules'. He just wants to race and to tell you the truth this was the race that we have been waiting for. a really fast racing noped against the fastest E-bike, Luke won and both racers have lots of respect for each other.

I have spoken with Christophe on and off the track and he is full of knowledge, has a great attitude, he will do anything to promote our racing. he's a racers racer. he just wants to race and have fun.

Scotto nice ICE bike. How do those Hookworm tires work for you on the track. Are they decent for racing or would you rather be running anything else? And do you run them at full pressure (60psi). Many of us run them here too.

liveforphysics said:
GCinDC- The throttle on a Sevcon is buttery smooth torque control. You move the throttle 5%, it just gives you 5% torque, no big snapping hit, just smoothly delivered torque proportional to the throttle position. You could comfortably ride the bike along at 5mph with your grandma on the back. Or you can ask it for a bunch of torque... and you better be prepared to be sliding on your back on the asphalt. But unlike pink-bike, it won't throw you on the asphault when you only asked for 10% throttle, you have to have your wrist ask the bike for it on this machine.

I got the same buttery smooth torque control on my controller build project. I'm kind of afraid people will
have the impression it's a 'weak' controller due to the throttle. I think many people here are
use to a speed type throttle like you have on the pink bike, max torque when the throttle is
open slightly more. With mine you have to open the throttle fully to get the max torque,
giving the feeling its weak because max torque does not come for only a few % more throttle...

Naja, lets see what people think

Back