What is this cell (polymeter li-ion with Chinese writing)?

unnamed.jpg
20190721_192052.jpg
Measurements of the single cell: 5.5", 2.5", and 5/8"

For the third time my battery from my ebike has failed me. This time I am out of warranty so I took the battery apart and saw it was 13 unknown Chinese 'cells' in series. All of them showed 4.1v, expect for one showing ~0.4v which seems damage by it leaking. I figure I can just order another and be good to go (right?). Thinking id rather order same brand (or similar battery), so I can just screw it back together like it was. Anyone got any recommendations or recognize this type of polymeter battery?

I did contact the seller in Toronto but they wont tell me what type of cell (or even sell me one) they just want me to send back the entire battery so they can 'rebuild it' (and pay god knows what for the repairs, replacement cells and all the shipping).

Bump? Anyone got any idea where to even start looking? I figure worse case scenario I can sort of try to 'rebuild' the battery with only 12 of these in series.... Tho that would mean id need a need BMS and my current charger wouldn't work.

What voltage & capacity was the pack or the cell ?..
They look like the “Liao” 10Ah LifePo4 cells ......but the voltage is not the same ?
Also looks like they have been knocked about somewhat.?
https://hzliao.en.alibaba.com/

Wow, thanks, don't know how you found that. That matches my charger (I had assumed they just threw me a random cheap charger.)

Short history of my battery: My e-bike would die within a few minutes, so I sent in the battery for repairs (it was under warranty). I got it back, worked fine for that summer, but next summer the battery was basically dead again. Out of warranty I opened it, found all cells showing 4.1v, expect one dead one (image above).

Battery is for a 500w, 48v e-bike. Based on my voltmeter all cells are 4.1v (4.1*13=53.3v), even tho the charger says it does up to "54.5v max".

At this point I have a EM3EV 14S5P-35E battery for my ebike. But Id like to fix this battery as backup, even if just to use it with an inverter I want to buy ( https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2000W-Pure-Sine-Wave-Power-Inverter-Peak-4000W-12V-24V-48V-to-120V-220V-LCD-USB-/222442279505 )

Attachments

• 20190922_212133.jpg
    20190922_212133.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 369
Yea this is the only other thing written on the battery. I did send the seller of these cells on alibaba a message asking if they still sell them.

Attachments

• 20190922_215402 2.jpg
    20190922_215402 2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 333
these are really shitty 7Ah cells. i have had dozen of bike packs with these cells that have puffed really bad. they are really bottom-barrel cells.
they will puff with incredible force and their rated capacity is never reached.

bin these as fast as humany possible and replace them with 7 18650 cells and cell holders. that is a tight but drop in replacement.

Back