What spokes? Where to buy? 26"+Rear Bafang

mer

10 mW
Hi all !

I am ordering a rear bafang but I don't know what spokes I need for a 26" rim and also where to buy them ? I live in England so if you know a place I could order them that would be nice. If not suggest a place in USA and I'll just order 'em. I won't take it to have a bafang + 48v lipo and no spokes !!!

cheers !

mer said:
Hi all !

I am ordering a rear bafang but I don't know what spokes I need for a 26" rim and also where to buy them ? I live in England so if you know a place I could order them that would be nice. If not suggest a place in USA and I'll just order 'em. I won't take it to have a bafang + 48v lipo and no spokes !!!

cheers !

I laced my front bafang up with 216mm spokes. They were a tad long, 214mm would have been better. Rear hub may be different. Best to ask JohnRobHolmes

If you have an established relationship with a local bikeshop, they'd probably help you out selling you spokes+nipples or doing the wheel build for you. No harm asking either way. Bike shops seem to freak out at non-standard stuff (like hubmotors) so you may have to ask around.

Good luck!

mer said:
Hi all !

cheers !

Mer,

Where in England are you?

I got a rear Bafang, and took it along to SJS Cycles in Bridgwater, Somerset. They built it into a 26" wheel for me, and then shipped the lot back to me. The whole cost was only a little more than buying the rim would have been. You need to call them first; they don't like people just turning up. No doubt, there are other such places around and you may be able to find one closer to you.

Nick

Hi Tiberius

I live in Bournemouth but I am moving back to Greece in a couple of weeks ( can't stand the weather nor food sorry ! hehe ) . I highly doubt I will be able to find a shop in Greece with 214mm or 216mm spokes.. or a Rhyno Lite rim, so I will just order the spokes and rim and take it to a shop there to lace it for me .

The Rhyno Lite needs 214mm , does this means that most rims will need 214mm spokes ? I might want to choose a different rim thats why I ask.

mer said:
Hi Tiberius

I live in Bournemouth but I am moving back to Greece in a couple of weeks ( can't stand the weather nor food sorry ! hehe ) . I highly doubt I will be able to find a shop in Greece with 214mm or 216mm spokes.. or a Rhyno Lite rim, so I will just order the spokes and rim and take it to a shop there to lace it for me .

The Rhyno Lite needs 214mm , does this means that most rims will need 214mm spokes ? I might want to choose a different rim thats why I ask.

You might get lucky or you might not with different rims, since rims have different profiles. Johnrobholmes has used different rims which he can give you spoke length for.

You can try the spoke calculator here: http://www.sapim.be/index.php?st=spokelength
If you can get the relevant rim info and dimensions of the bafang off the bafang mechanical drawings.

Good luck!

thanx

i can still buy both 214mm and 216mm spokes.

JohnRobHolmes was kind enough to let me know I need the 214mm for the Sun Rhyno Lite pinned rim so I may go for that rim, what do you think is it a good or what?

Thanks for the calculator it is very handy.

cheers guys

http://www.amazon.com/Spokes-Wheel-Master-144-216Mm/dp/B000BMRS4S

mer said:
thanx

i can still buy both 214mm and 216mm spokes.

JohnRobHolmes was kind enough to let me know I need the 214mm for the Sun Rhyno Lite pinned rim so I may go for that rim, what do you think is it a good or what?

Thanks for the calculator it is very handy.

cheers guys

Yes, it's a good decent priced rim with a nice machined sidewall for rim brakes. However, it is NOT a lightweight rim nor is it an indestructible rim for tandem/utility bikes/or hardcore mtb'ing. For commuter or light trail riding it should be sweet. I've got 2.2" tires on mine which is probably about as wide as you'd want to go for street riding.

Back