What to do with a disconnected controller plug?

I have a Grin Baserunner connected to a Cycle Analyst with the WP8 plug, and also a 9 pin to DC barrel jack adapter on the Baserunner for my rear light. This means that the PAS/Torque plug is disconnected and exposed. What should I do with it?

You could cover it with heat shrink tubing or electrical tape and zip tie it out of the way. If you don't think you will need it in the future, you open the CA3 and remove the cable completely.

You could cover it with heat shrink tubing or electrical tape and zip tie it out of the way. If you don't think you will need it in the future, you open the CA3 and remove the cable completely.
The cable comes out of the baserunner, not the CA3 so I will probably go with the heatshrink option. Thanks!

If you have other cables, you can use a cable donut to conceal with other cables and slack. They are very useful, but I'd also recommend heatshrink and/or tape like RunForTheHills mentioned.

The PR/BR cables are VERY short, so there's no slack in them to rollup and hide. ;)

The cable comes out of the baserunner, not the CA3 so I will probably go with the heatshrink option. Thanks!

When you do the heatshrink, use a three inch long piece that will shrink down to a diameter smaller than the connector's OD, to force it to fully contact it. The extra length is used to stick out at least an inch or more past the open end of hte connector.

Use marine heatshrink, with adhesive, so it will glue itself to the connector shell. You can still remove it later, but it'll do a better job of keeping water out.

Be ready with a glove on one hand, or thumb and forefinger wrapped in something heat resistant, so that you can pinch the still-hot open end of the shrink together so it's adhesive seals it up.

Back