What you need to know about yescomusa kits

I have the Yescomusa 1000w rear kit. I upgraded the controller to a 4110 15fet greentime. I'd like to be able to run 24s, but I've blown 2 controllers so far running 4.1v x 24 after a very short time (one 4410 and one 4110). I originally thought that the controller maker was the problem, but another user PM'd me similar problems from a different controller manufacturer as well (I think he blew a 15 fet 4410 and an 18 4110). At any rate, would upgrading the phase wires reduce the risk of blowing a controller?

I bought a couple of these controllers 2 years ago. Both have 15 4410 fets, although some people got ones with 4710 fets iirc.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/72V-1500W-Brushless-Speed-Controller-for-Electric-Bikes-High-Quality-OT100/287758466.html
One is just a spare. Started with 18s until last June when I went to 24s. Haven't had a problem at all except I had to figure out how to raise LVC higher so regen would work on the higher voltage. I charge mine fully. But I don't have long periods over 35mph either. Other than getting more power to the motor, I don't think using larger phase wires would make a difference. Using a higher watt rated controller should though.

RLD70 said:
Enough with the BS comparisons. Not everyone cares about your pov ian or EM3's kits so stop being a bitch about it. Id rather own a GM motor (yescom, etc) over cell_mans anyday as I havent had ANY problems with mine that werent my fault so take a chill pill because its YOUR opinion and EVERYONE is entitled to one. Talk about childish :roll:

I found this comment a bit hypocritical.

Just purchased a yescomusa 1000w kit. 10 minutes later a rep contacts me and says it's shipping tomorrow morning. I'm in San Diego so should be here within a day or 2. :) I''ll report back on performance (15S3P). Thanks wesnewell for the recommendation.

triggeraa said:
Just purchased a yescomusa 1000w kit. 10 minutes later a rep contacts me and says it's shipping tomorrow morning. I'm in San Diego so should be here within a day or 2. :) I''ll report back on performance (15S3P). Thanks wesnewell for the recommendation.

triggerraa - HOW did you purchase. Was this an ebay buy?

Yes, ebay. Although I had to pay tax seeing as I live in Cali. Still a great price and great communication so far. I tried switching the thumb throttle for a twist version but no go. They said their kits are pre-packaged. No big deal as I already own a couple extra. I'll be running the kit on 15S3P.

Went out for a ride today and blew the controller. Bike just stopped. Rear hub was hard to turn until I disconnected phase wires. Blown fets? I was only going about 15mph. Have not touched the setup and was working great running 15S2. Neither motor or controller warm as I was only 1 mile into my ride. Contacted yescom to see if I can get a replacement. Keep you posted.

triggeraa said:
Went out for a ride today and blew the controller. Bike just stopped. Rear hub was hard to turn until I disconnected phase wires. Blown mofsets? I was only going about 15mph. Have not touched the setup and was working great running 15S2. Neither motor or controller warm as I was only 1 mile into my ride. Contacted yescom to see if I can get a replacement. Keep you posted.

From your description it could be anything. When I blew a yescomusa controller (it was my fault) the motor shuttered when I applied the throttle. Once, I had a wire come loose in my battery pack. When it moved around the voltage temporally dropped below the LCV and the bike stopped.

If I were you I would check out all your connections up to the controller and then test you halls and series windings.

I don't own one, but e-bike controller testers are cheap on eBay. People around this forum who own them love them.

Thanks e-beach. Already checked all connection, replaced with known good throttle. With phase wires connected there is considerable drag on hub. Disconnected phase wires and hub frees up. All connection double checked, taken apart and redone. Battery pack fully charged. Double checked with other pack.

Heres a little tip, use dielectric grease on all connectors to get better connections and to help keep the connectors protected from the elements.

triggeraa said:
Update: yescomusa is sending me a free replacement. I also ordered another controller from Leo (greentime).

Good news! I didn't know they did that. What did you tell them?

:D

Just told them I had wired per instruction, ran fine untill controller went out. Sent a couple of pics showing controller installed and wired. That was it. Great company support. Just got confirmation that controller will arrive tomorrow. :)

Can anyone with the newer (non-striped) rear hub verify the dimensions? I believe it to be the same as GoldenMotor 901, which is in the database at http://leonard.io/edd/

I need to buy spokes to build a 20" wheel, but I can't accurately measure anything with the wheel as is. Thanks!

nlhaines said:
Can anyone with the newer (non-striped) rear hub verify the dimensions? I believe it to be the same as GoldenMotor 901, which is in the database at http://leonard.io/edd/

I need to buy spokes to build a 20" wheel, but I can't accurately measure anything with the wheel as is. Thanks!
? this http://www.goldenmotor.com/magicpie/compare.html
or the conhismotor?

Is the hub data
still needed?

It's not a real fast wind at ~9.75Kv. The MXUS 4503 is ~12.something Kv, and my 4504 is ~9Kv. The newer 1000W leaf motor is also a real fast wind, 14.4Kv.

Just throw my $0.02 in (may be worth even less). Didn't know about this thread and started one on my experience with the 1000w, 48V YES kit mated to a Luna 52V 10 ah battery. All positive results. Used a Marathon tire on the rear, which was 135 mm, dished properly and "straight", and the tire that came with the kit is working well as a front. Thanks again, Wes. Read the entire thread and think that, as a rule, individuals who want to bash a product should start their own thread and the mods should delete their whiny opinions. If there are negative experiences with the product, that's fair game, opinions NOT.

Back