• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Wiring diagram for Lipo balance connector with BMS

Hi folks, I'm interested to use a BMS with Lipo Battery packs. Often the BMS diagrams they are for single cells but if you have a Lipo 6s pack with already balance plug, how you connect it with BMS :?:

the first sense wire in the JST plug goes to the bottom of cell #1 so it is the B- spot. it is the black wire. all of the others go on top of the cells from #1 up to #6 sequentially. so solder the BMS sense wires in that order to them.

OK, but If I use a lot of battery pack,
Sorry I'm not sure to understand :oops:

exemple:
If I use 84V BMS, It have 20 wire on the connector. If I have 15 battery Lipo pack 5S, the total wires on balance connectors is more that the BMS. How you connect it?

My built setup, 4 Lipo 5s 5Amp in paralelle = 21V X4 Total 84V 20Amp

I can't believe that people who have so little understanding are brave enough to work with lipo. :?:

Do you know how your cells are connected? Like series and parallel connections? And do you know what does your bms expect and how does it work? If you knew this, you wouldn't be asking questions like that, and if you don't know that you have a lot to learn before touching lipo batteries. I'm sorry for writing like this, but those batteries are really dangerous and can lead to a disaster.

riba2233 said:
I can't believe that people who have so little understanding are brave enough to work with lipo. :?:

Do you know how your cells are connected? Like series and parallel connections? And do you know what does your bms expect and how does it work? If you knew this, you wouldn't be asking questions like that, and if you don't know that you have a lot to learn before touching lipo batteries. I'm sorry for writing like this, but those batteries are really dangerous and can lead to a disaster.

Sorry man, but you don't know me :evil: I know Lipo, I work often with it with RC cars. I know how batteries and chargers work etc. I just ask, I'm not sure to use Lipo for my project and this forum is to help people to understand. :idea:

I never used a lot of lipo like this and If I will built it, I need to understand BMS. Read my last post, I writed my setup :mrgreen:

Do not judge if you do not know people's knowledge. :?

when you think about how many people have now burned down their house or someone else's house that they were renting and now these guys with eboards loaded with lipo packs and illiterate users who wanna carry them in their packed luggage on the airplanes, it is only a matter of time before it becomes illegal to even bring an ebike with lipo into a building.

General_Lee said:
Sorry man, but you don't know me :evil: I know Lipo, I work often with it with RC cars. I know how batteries and chargers work etc. I just ask, I'm not sure to use Lipo for my project and this forum is to help people to understand. :idea:

I never used a lot of lipo like this and If I will built it, I need to understand BMS. Read my last post, I writed my setup :mrgreen:

Do not judge if you do not know people's knowledge. :?

Well you should first tell us what bms you have and post a link. I'm sure it has a diagram that is not hard to read.

Guys, I know all your warning about Lipo, I'm not a beginner

The only think I need to know is about BMS. I know how it work with batteries cell but with Lipo pack I'm not sure.

I think with this model it was ok : http://www.batterysupports.com/72v-84v-20s-80a-20x-36v-lithium-ion-liion-lipo-battery-bms-p-294.html

-If I use four Lipo Packs (5S 5 amp) each in Parallel, four time. That will give 84V 20Amp total.

-If I understand, For each four pack I put all Lipo balance connector in parallel and in serie with the three other packs :?: After that I will can plug in the BMS? I'm right or not?

-Sorry for my English. If you don't understand, I will try to study this.

10 posts here means he's not experienced with ES. Apparently he knows lipo, just never ran it with a bms.

But for others with less experience who will read this, never store or charge lithium cobalt (rc lipo) where you would not build a fire.

As was explained above on each plug the black wire is the negative. all the rest are the five positives. Each positive is also the negative of the cell next to it. Because the cells are series connected + to -.

As you string those 5s packs together, the next packs black wire connects to the previous packs last positive wire and becomes one wire leading to the bms.

So if you will use the original jst plugs, you will need to build yourself a harness that connects them that way. 5s, that is 6 pin plugs on one end to connect to the pack. On the other end, 21 wires. one negative, 20 positives.

For some bms, the one negative may be the very large main negative wire. Others not. We can get more specific when we see a clear close up picture of your bms.

Thanks dogman dan, is exactly the informations I need about this.

It's ok for the others things. :)

I will verify this seriously with LiPo, there are good probability that I will use LifePO4 cell. 8)

Back