xadmx frame project

Hey Adam great progress here, can you divulge the cost of the laser cutting? am in the uk too, where abouts are you. Im just south of manchester. I sell power supplies here alot but have 2 ebikes (one for the missus) love the idea of custom building the frame but dont quite have the requisite skills or cash yet. good luck with the rest of it, looks great so far. also what about fibre glass for the sides (might be a cheaper safer compromise incase of liplosion) think i just coined a new term probs not. will follow the rest of this build

whereswally606 said:
Hey Adam great progress here, can you divulge the cost of the laser cutting? am in the uk too, where abouts are you. Im just south of manchester. I sell power supplies here alot but have 2 ebikes (one for the missus) love the idea of custom building the frame but dont quite have the requisite skills or cash yet. good luck with the rest of it, looks great so far. also what about fibre glass for the sides (might be a cheaper safer compromise incase of liplosion) think i just coined a new term probs not. will follow the rest of this build

hi thanks,
i am taking the drawing down some time next week to get a quote, but i can't see it being more then £50 per frame but then i have to make the swing arm. i have made a jig now so the next swingarm will be bang on. even though this one is but i made this on a motorbike build jig that was a bit knocked together.

i was thinking of making a frame and using fiber glass body panels like a boby kit, but its just the thought of making the molds i have done it before and its a pain in the arse lol.

i simply meant using fibreglass instead of plastic as a compromise over the carbon fibre running out. £50 is a great price. would you release the cnc pattern for others to build or are you gonna make more yourself and flog them?

whereswally606 said:
i simply meant using fibreglass instead of plastic as a compromise over the carbon fibre running out. £50 is a great price. would you release the cnc pattern for others to build or are you gonna make more yourself and flog them?

hi after i am done and happy it all works, i will post the cad file and the drawing/material list for the swing arm, and i will do a drawing for the jig . then its up to you to make it :D
adam

xadmx said:
i see what you mean now. heres a pic from the other thread i should of put in this one, if you can make out the lines theres 6 batterys and the controller in there, but if you put the controller on the front of the forks you could prob get 9 batterys in ( 150x50x50mm i will put some demensions up later, the frame is only 65mm wide so when i put some foam padding in they fit nice and snug. plus now i have 26in wheels i might stretch the frame abit more to give a little bit more room when i get them laser cut. wait until you see the other frame i am going to build next its totally futuristic, i have spent prob about 10 hours designing it. but i am making this one first :D
adam

IMG_0314_zps4aca7177.jpg

Ah, right I see. Did not understand where you where placing the controller.
8 batteries would be good so you can go 24s, trust me once you try 24s you won't want to go back to 18s :)
Okay, interested in seeing your new design now too!

can't believe what i just done, the temp in my shed was very cold today, i had run out of gas for my heater but i still went ahead and painted the frame. the base coat was fine so i thought i was on a winner.
but after i put the clear coat on and went back in an hour later it looked like crazy paving lol. i know i shoudn't of painted it but i did. i have just spent 2 hours colour sanding it to save it my arm is about to drop off, but it does look good now. never again am i doing that.
adam

put the bush in the swing arm, but still not painted. but i had to put it together to find out where to put the derailleur and the tabs for the rear disc, but i have to get the rear wheel laced to the hub first just in case. i don't have a rear shock as i am still waiting for it to come, i might start the wiring this week. quick pic. still not sure on the looks of this but it works, and its a learning curve for the next frame :D
adam

still having probs with the sizes of these pics, i have to right click and view image to see all the pic. anyone else have to do this or is it just my laptop.

IMG_03731_zpsa3dd0023.jpg

IMG_03721_zps534aa886.jpg

lookng good!

I can see the images fine. If you have a smaller screen on you laptop that could be why.

Wow that was fast! Must not have kids! :roll:

farmkid4 said:
lookng good!

I can see the images fine. If you have a smaller screen on you laptop that could be why.

there ok now, think it might be the setting on the laptop, i will have to have a mess and try and fix it.
thanks adam

Whiplash said:
Wow that was fast! Must not have kids! :roll:

i have 2, 15 year old and 5, its not easy lol. i just work into the night when there in bed.
adam

Hats off to you sir! Great build so far! I have a 2yr old and for some reason she refuses to sleep until we are all in bed with the house shut down! I am managing to get other stuff done though, here's her new bed/playhouse. Once this is done I can get back on mine! Its for her birthday in April so mama is pushing me lol!

photobucket-18231-1363093489627.jpg

photobucket-58210-1363093560367.jpg

Whiplash said:
Hats off to you sir! Great build so far! I have a 2yr old and for some reason she refuses to sleep until we are all in bed with the house shut down! I am managing to get other stuff done though, here's her new bed/playhouse. Once this is done I can get back on mine! Its for her birthday in April so mama is pushing me lol!

photobucket-18231-1363093489627.jpg

photobucket-58210-1363093560367.jpg

awesome, i don't think my other half would let me loose in the house making things. i am all ready getting an ear full from messing with the bike in the kitchen pmsl.
adam

LOL, yeah I hear ya there but since I BUILT the house, she can't complain! :)

my mate wanted a battery bag for his bmx to hold 4 lipos 24s so i spent most of the day having a go at making one, i am still waiting on parts for my build so i didn't have anything else to do. i only had small zips so i found one on an old case that had a hole for a lock and was a real heavy duty zip. i made it zip in the middle of the bag so when in was in the frame there was no way it was going to come undone. i spent about an hour making it and it was a real pain in the ass :D. i used some of the abs i had left for the sides and bottom plus i put some 8mm closed cell foam to pad it out. i still have to put some velcro on the straps but i have ordered it so should be here this week, it was a real tight fit but it works.
adam

IMG_0347_zpsba583c1e.jpg

IMG_0346_zpsdc82d522.jpg

IMG_0348_zpsd60a81f3.jpg

farmkid4 said:
Very nice job on the bag!

I may have to try something similar.
What materials did you use?

it is black waterproof nylon 1000d if you search ebay its really cheap, and i used some 1.5mm abs plastic and 8mm closed cell foam to give it a bit of protection.
adam

xadmx said:
farmkid4 said:
Very nice job on the bag!

I may have to try something similar.
What materials did you use?

it is black waterproof nylon 1000d if you search ebay its really cheap, and i used some 1.5mm abs plastic and 8mm closed cell foam to give it a bit of protection.
adam

Thanks I'll check it out.

Back