Eleek lite frame crank type

sci-fi1991

1 µW
Ive had an ELEEK Lite frame sat in the box for a while and i think its time i begun to look at building it.

Im sure there will be loads of questions along the way and this is very much a learning project.

Could anyone tell me first of what sort of crank arm set i should be buying for it?

TIA

What kind of BB axle does it have?

If you aren't sure, what does it's manual say?

If it doesn't have one, what does the company that made it say?

If none of those, you'll have to do some measuring and photographing of the BB area of the frame so we can tell what it has on it.

What kind of BB axle does it have?

If you aren't sure, what does it's manual say?

If it doesn't have one, what does the company that made it say?

If none of those, you'll have to do some measuring and photographing of the BB area of the frame so we can tell what it has on it.
thanks for taking the time to reply.

So the spec was once on their website but i cant seem to find it

its the same frame from this post.

Hopefully these pictures help, i also didnt receive any instructions with them. Getting them to send the frame was hard enough :(

So you have square-taper BB, meaning "any" common (Shimano, etc) crankset should work. This page has some info on different types:
yours are probably JIS

If the frame sticks out a lot near the BB where the cranks or your feet might hit it, you might need "wide" cranks, that bend out from the chainrings more than usual, but I'd avoid those if you can since they make the "Q-factor" wider, which means having your feet farther apart which for most people (that don't have really wide hips) can cause extra wear on the rider's joints, etc., and be uncomfortable or even painful, depending on the rider and usage. Some info about various details:

Crank length you can decide based on your usage and preferred cadence, leg length vs seat height, etc. If you've ridden other bikes, then you can guess what crank length to use based on which of those worked best for you and what their crank length was.

Chainrink spacing / placement on the cranks should be so that you get a good chainline to your rear sprockets on the wheel; if you use some gears more than others or don't even use some of them, you can line up the front to rear so you get the best (straightest) chainline on the most-used combination.

Some helpful info when you get to installing them

Back