You know your a E-Biker when ....

When you send 8-9 months getting your DIY Brushless DC Motor Speed controller perfected. It has a cool Dashboard LCD Display that is RGB LED back-lit and has a 4095 sample datalogging function. Build your own EV controller now!

Check it out here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21576

Attachments

• DSC002080001.JPG
    DSC002080001.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,448
  • DSC001960001.JPG
    DSC001960001.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,448
The Stig said:
When you spend hours each day trying to negotiate the purchase of promptly shipped ebike parts with chinese sellers(BMSbattery...) and systematically FAIL :x :evil:
(anyone know any better sources for bafangs/cute128s?? I've tried keywin...)

Cellman here on ES is also motorman these days and by all accounts does business the right way.

…when you ride up to the Harley Davidson store and yer only there for stickers. :lol:
…when you ride up to the Kawasaki store and the guy knows your only there to measure. :wink:
…when you ride up to the Yamaha store and they think yer a celebrity. 8)

But mostly…
…when all you wear is riding gear anymore, you start growing sideburns, and for all the complexities in the world, there’s nothing like the taste of freedom riding WOT and getting sweaty ‘bout it. :mrgreen:

Cheers! KF

When you push the volume control button on the steering wheel of you car to activate regenerative braking.. but it doesnt work. OH SHEIT! NO BRAKES !!! NO BRAKES!!!!

When you leave the bike out when company is coming so the kids will ask for a ride.
When you find yourself searching for the smoothest routes, not the shortest or flattest.
When nothing in the house is safe from scrounging.
When you wear a kettle for a helmet. (I wish I thought of that first!)
When the bike starts ruling the budget.
When your IC vehicle has sat so long you don’t remember when you last drove.
When your bike is in the kitchen or living room often.
When your friends always greet you with ”how’s the bike?” or “how far did you ride today?”.
When you have to make an effort to talk about something else.
When suddenly you realize you’re learning more physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics and mathematics than you ever thought possible.
When the first thing you do when you finish riding is wheel the ebike into the house and plug in the batteries, then you close the door and remove your helmet.
When you find yourself wearing your helmet or goggles long after the ride is over, because you are so used to wearing them.
When you stop part way up a hill just to test the power.
When you start acting like a teenager again and show off at every stoplight.
When no one believes that you just got to the party by bicycle, because you look don’t look tired enough, or it’s too dark, or too far.
When you start to feel a bond with people you only know through a common interest, and a great website. Thanks ES.

rebelpilot said:
When you leave the bike out when company is coming so the kids will ask for a ride.
When you find yourself searching for the smoothest routes, not the shortest or flattest.
When nothing in the house is safe from scrounging.
When you wear a kettle for a helmet. (I wish I thought of that first!)
When the bike starts ruling the budget.
When your IC vehicle has sat so long you don’t remember when you last drove.
When your bike is in the kitchen or living room often.
When your friends always greet you with ”how’s the bike?” or “how far did you ride today?”.
When you have to make an effort to talk about something else.
When suddenly you realize you’re learning more physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics and mathematics than you ever thought possible.
When the first thing you do when you finish riding is wheel the ebike into the house and plug in the batteries, then you close the door and remove your helmet.
When you find yourself wearing your helmet or goggles long after the ride is over, because you are so used to wearing them.
When you stop part way up a hill just to test the power.
When you start acting like a teenager again and show off at every stoplight.
When no one believes that you just got to the party by bicycle, because you look don’t look tired enough, or it’s too dark, or too far.
When you start to feel a bond with people you only know through a common interest, and a great website. Thanks ES.

All good ones rebelpilot, though I do need to do up a lower power bike for kiddies to ride, or come up with a bomb proof moderate power ride. I've had kids who said they were experienced on moto's dump my bikes. Of course they dump the pedal bikes I have laying around too. No damage to kids or bikes thank goodness, but no one gets on the high powered rides.

John in CR said:
I do need to do up a lower power bike for kiddies to ride, or come up with a bomb proof moderate power ride.
I only give the kids rides in the bike trailer (with helmets), I do let them drive the e-kart since it has an adustable speed limiter.

rebelpilot said:
. . .
When your friends always greet you with ”how’s the bike?” or “how far did you ride today?”. .
I think they do that to gauge my mood. When the bike's running fine, I'm all cheery. When it's not, they just start backing away slowly.

Zoot Katz said:
rebelpilot said:
. . .
When your friends always greet you with ”how’s the bike?” or “how far did you ride today?”. .
I think they do that to gauge my mood. When the bike's running fine, I'm all cheery. When it's not, they just start backing away slowly.

Too true! :mrgreen:

I'm still weighting on UPS for my ESC to be warrantied (hopefully) or I will up-grade it as has been suggested to me.

When things are NOT going well, just don't come into the garage on a bad day! :evil: :lol:

-When you have more stuff coming in the mail than a movie star gets fan mail, and it's all for your E-Bike. :wink:

When things don't go well - I take a nap. 8) :lol:
It clears my head and I can begin to resolve the issue with a clear and objective mind.

I've taken a lot of naps this summer... took one yesterday in fact :mrgreen:
World Peace? Not a problem: Take two naps and let's talk about it.

~KF

when your bike seems to annoy most dogs, especially at low speed.
when a car full of teenagers pulls alongside of you on the way up a steep hill, and they are all have the ev grin, and one kid yells "dude, you know you're doing 54? wtf?" and I look over casually and motion with my head "I've got lance on the back" (got a good laugh)

..You get up in the middle of the night to take a leak and stub your little to on an un-laced x5304 sitting in the hall way. You wake the house.
..there are solder iron burns in the kitchen table.
..there is a skid mark on the carpet in the living room.
..you have enough parts to build 6 electric bikes, yet when your wife asks if she can take an e bike to town, you have to tell her none are going.
..your bike never stays together for more than about a week.
..your 3 year old calls all bikes electric bikes
..your 3 year old asks where the batteries and controller are on every bike you see.
..you have a jar full of broken spokes on your desk. You use them to clean your ears.
..you bought a methods controller knowing quite well you don't have the funds to buy the batteries to go with it...but one day.

........your entire house smells like burnt windings for a week, you wife makes you open all the doors and windows in the middle of winter to get rid of the stink.

...the dishes still are not done.

on that note, I better go.

Silly Kiwi :mrgreen: hehehe ...very funny mate well done :)

KiM

when you have handlebars attached to your steering wheel <> the neibhors complain about that dirty old four whheel thing sitting in yoyr driveway<> you are trying to explain to the cop why your drivers license has expired <<>> when you have forgotten how to steer in reverse <<>> you lean sharply when you walk aroun a corner <<>> WHEN YOU DONT CARE HOW MUCH AGALLON OF GAS COSTS

... When you don't even KNOW how much a gallon of gas costs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LI-ghtcycle said:
... When you don't even KNOW how much a gallon of gas costs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yea to that! Dont know and don't care. :wink:
~KF

LOL!! By the way, I LOVE the avatar yopappamon, is that bio-diesel that guys is dousing himself with? :wink: :p

Back