You know your a E-Biker when ....

.... when strangers point at your front hub motor and ask "what's that" and you reply, "it's an internal water proof disc brake"
.... when you fall asleep at 30km/h after working out at the gym
.... when you ride 60km to the shop on the other side of town, just because you can
.... when you try and take foot of car accelerator because you don't want to break a chain changing gears like the cyclone
.... when you try and "ding" your bell whilst in a car
.... when you overtake a lycra rider pedelling backwards just to see the look on his face! :)
.... when you have 3 sets of V-brake pads in the cupboard
.... when you try and twist the car steering wheel to go
.... when you wish you could have a cycle analyst in your car
.... when your chain breaks 30km from home and it's only a 'minor' inconvenience
.... when your only complaint about a strong head wind is that you're using more amps
.... when cars are too slow to take off after a red light
.... when you work out at the gym, you have to park it near the window so you can keep an eye on it

.... when cars are too slow to take off after a red light

Yeah you nailed it ~ the little thrill; dig beating cars 'cross the intersection when the light changes :twisted:

Monsterous! KF

Yeah, even my dinky 24 volt bike is the first thing of at a light :D

...when you have more keys to your bike locks than to your house.

Your first test ride of a new build involves locking the house before you leave so if you end up in the hospital its taken care of.

Your bring a razor blade with you on your first test ride of a new build so you can quickly cut the temporary straps holding your Lipo cells when they catch fire!

I did both of these today and as I was walking out of the house and remembered this thread. And yes that is an upside down rack bag tied to the frame with an inner tube.

When you admit to yourself that you are not a cyclists socially even though you pedal all the time. Everybody sees you as a motorist no matter how much you sweat.
What i am tired of is those cyclists who write that "1000W" on their carbon-road-bike internet calculator and go: man!, your top speed is 100mph! :eek:

Great to see this thread still going strong! :D

- When you have to decide between a new hub motor or Tablet, and you buy 2 Hub Motors. (well hopefully I can next month if everything goes as planned with the current build! :twisted: )

Everyone else in the bike shop is drooling over the "weight weenie" CF and TI frames and you're looking at the NICE HEAVY STEEL ONES! :lol:

When you fly everywhere, in the middle of the Idaho winter, with the Montague/BBSO2 onboard, just so when you land somewhere you can ride! I landed the other day in a remote mountainous area by some snowmobilers, they were surprised to see me drop in, but once they got a load of the bike they slowly backed away. That blew their mind I think :p

On a crane job the other day, I got to pull out the Trail Viper for the first time, operationally. The 2 hr. job went until lunchtime, and the union iron workers I was working with all had brought their lunches and went off to their designated lunch spot, leaving me to shift for myself. No problem, a minute later I rode out of the plant and a mile down the road and had a good lunch. Coming back, one guy saw me stash the bike away (super quick and easy, 15-20 seconds including securing it) and then they all had to take a look, fun stuff. Plus real practical, having the bikes always handy gives me a lot more options, whatever happens.

When you spend days investigating to make absolutely shure where you can recharge if you are planning to ride across the country.
When you call at gas stations with innocent voice asking, "do you have a power plug available there?" In Finland only one station chain has.
When you accelerate strongly to gain speed before the steep hill if riding with motorless cyclists. "You know, i don"t want to grind that up on walking speed..,"
When you start to get slightly ironic when innocent people ask the same questions again, again, and again. With a velomobile people show thumb ups a lot but actually they do it only because they think you are pedaling only. When they discover you have a motor they go "hmmm..." :)

Today i was riding around downtown area when suddenly a guy behind me yells (with strong american accent):
- Hey you! You are from Endless Sphere! I know you!
He was riding some kind of hybrid-style upright bike with large rear dd. He was lost and asked what road he should use. His bike looked like he knew the ropes.
He said he was actually born in Finland, but have never lived here, which i believed because his american accent was very genuine and natural and he did not speak Finnish.
Ride on, man! It"s not often when you hear american accents around here. Once in a month, tops.

... When a cute girl rides by fast on her bike and your eyes only checked the triangle, chainring and hubs for motors and batteries, totally forgetting there was a chick on the bike. :shock:

You know you're an ebikes when a freind asks to have a go but you can't hand it over because you selfishly want all the AH for yourself. :twisted:

When you're on a crane job, and the contractor you're working for says "that's it for today, we'll get you back tomorrow, unless you have something to do for 2 or 3 hours, if so come back and we'll wrap it up today." I shut the crane down, got the Trail Viper out, and rode 7 miles across town back to my crane yard where I did something productive, then rode the 7 miles back. I didn't mind at all, and it was a huge advantage to my customer that I left the crane there (no extra travel charge), all thanks to the e bike.

When it's been so long since you last drove, your car won't start.

When you have been reading endless forum for weeks every night preventing you to sleep.

When you checking specs of motors, controllers and battery cells over and over just to convince you that your selected components are best for you.
Longer you check, easier it is to keep stretching your budget.

Back