Conhismotor 48v 10ah LiFePo4 (LiMn2O4) in aluminium case

Hey Shorza,

how is the 48V pack going? mine seems to be going OK, probably had 40 charging cycles by now, touchwood. I'm still not demanding too much out of my 36v 12Ah one, as still on 30km/hr low power bafang. Am building a code 10 bafang BPM wheel at the moment though, so will see how that goes if if requires more current from the pack.

What sort of current have you been pulling from your pack? I have no meter at the moment so cant tell how much but I'm guessing around 10A peaking at 15 when loaded at low speed, which woudl be the controller shunt limit. Interested if these can run at around 15A continous.

Hey mate,

To tell you the truth, the bike has been on the back burner. I pulled the Lyen 12 FET Infideon controller out of it to put in my new project, and replaced it with the original controller. I was limiting my Lyen's current to 13 amps as I was not sure of the battery's 'C' rating. It was going well.

After putting in the original controller, I noticed an increase in take-off speed and the motor heating up. I guess the new controller draws more current. It will trip the LVC going up a hill after a medium ride (about 10kms) so i guess there is a bit of voltage sag also. I don't have my CA attached anymore so can't tell for certain. I reckon i'll have to adjust the shunt to make it draw less, but that will involve me not being so lazy.

My new project has been consuming my spare time, so this bike must feel like a neglected first child.

What's the range of your's?

Range about 35km of pretty hilly riding, that's 12Ah at 36V running (I think) only a 200W bafang motor but likely a bit more power in reality, but have no meter to check as mentioned before. If flat terrain I reckon would go much further, but I only take it 11km to work and 11km home each day, and charge both at work and home to keep the battery from going too low, might get it to last longer.

Hear whar you are saying about the sag, I reckon these things have quite a bit, may be able to be improved by upgrading wiring in pack/case, or might be internal resistance of cells, in any case, will be testing the limits with my new BPM build, although may need a new controller or adjust shunt to get some more amps flowing

Did the questions about the chemistry ever get resolved?

BMSBattery were briefly selling LiNiCoMn shrink wrap batteries but they've now disappeared. These seemed like a pretty good weight, volume, price, capacity, lifetime compromise. Claimed 1k cycles vs LiFePo's 2k cycles, but cheaper and 1/3 lighter. Does anyone know of another source for these things?

G'day chaps,

My battery as discussed in these threads still going strong (touchwood). These things are supposed to be 1C, mine is a 12ah 36V, recently hooked up a power analyser, it's regularly running at 17amps, (bafang BPM with ecrazy 350W controller) which is my shunt current limit. Although the voltage drops to around 35 to 34v depending on charge state (about 34vlow after using 5aH) it seems to hold up fine, so running about 1.5C.

Have done 3000km now of hilly riding to and from work, 11.5km each way, top up charge at work after using 5ah on the way to work and 3ah on the way home. So probably about 270 charges so far, no sign of any storage degradation.

How is yours going shorza?

Wow that's great! Plenty of k's and still going strong. Who would have thought chm would last so long, keep it up.

Mine has had minimal use in the last few months. My latest project is more stealthy, and a lot quicker, so haven't really used my old kit. Only occasionally when the missus wants to keep up. I make sure the battery never drains, but I have been thinking of opening it again to see how the cells are.

Hey Shorza, which part of Melbs are you in? Greets from Ballarat...

I'm thinking of getting a group together maybe for a few beers at first , then with a view to incorporating a vic ebike group. Interested?

Quick update on this bike/kit.

This bike still gets ridden regularly by my girlfriend and is still going strong. The bike is in need of replacements such as chain and tires but the battery,motor and controller haven' skipped a beat.

Back