Death Race Oct. 29

RULES:
#1-Show up.
#2-Have fun.
#3-don't be stupid
#4-have fun

Dave & Charlie put on a super race & the crowd is great down in Tuscon. Show up & have a blast meeting the guys who build bikes...Its a very laid back atmosphere & taking it too seriously will only hamper the fun factor.

here is the semi-official post regarding the event:
http://motorbicycling.com/f35/death-race-oct-29-2011-a-34058.html

It really is a laid back, "run what ya brung affair". More about comuning with the fellow buidlers & riders than the results on the track.
(as it should be)

Thud said:
RULES:
#1-Show up.
#2-Have fun.
#3-don't be stupid
#4-have fun

Dave & Charlie put on a super race & the crowd is great down in Tuscon. Show up & have a blast meeting the guys who build bikes...Its a very laid back atmosphere & taking it too seriously will only hamper the fun factor.

here is the semi-official post regarding the event:
http://motorbicycling.com/f35/death-race-oct-29-2011-a-34058.html

It really is a laid back, "run what ya brung affair". More about comuning with the fellow buidlers & riders than the results on the track.
(as it should be)

Sounds great. I was remembering a bike weight limit on a race, which was that?

Alan B said:
Fr31 said:
Death Race Saturday October 29, 2011 start time 5pm

Musselman Honda circuit 11800 S. Harrison Rd. Tucson,AZ 85747 (520) 245-5278

What are the rules for this race? Is there a website for this race?

The track has its own rules... http://www.p1kartcircuit.com/event_types/racing-rules

Must have Helmet (bicycle helmet ok), eye protection,gloves,knee pads,elbow pads, long sleeve shirt, long pants, and toe covering shoes.

Please be sure your bikes are safe and up to the task of racing. If I or MHC staff feels your equipment (Bike) is unsafe for you or other riders we will ask you not to participate. I am not one to tell others they cannot race but we must be as safe as possible.

No dirty racing! We want good hard competition between each other but lets do it clean and safely. It's not worth hurting yourself or others just to win, its all about having some fun!! If anybody (me,racers or MHC) feels your racing or riding unsafely on the track you will be asked not to participate. So far, nobody has ever been turned away and I suspect it will never happen.

If you have a fire extinguisher please have it in your pits

To watch from the grandstand is free, to enter the pits is $10. To enter the pits and race or cruise the track for fun is $15 to be paid to MHC. Where in the heck can you have so much fun for so little now a days?

Before you can enter the pits you must pay your $10 (non-racer) or $15 pit entrance fee at the office. Once you have your wrist band, you must wait for the pit gate to be opened by one of the MHC staff before proceeding into the pits. We will not be allowed to hit the track until just after 5pm.

Bring your own food and drinks and you are more then welcome to bring the grill and BBQ in the pits. The concession food stand will not be opened, I just cannot afford that.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them as soon as possible. If you can't wait please feel free to contact MHC at (520) 245-5278 or I (David) can be reached at (520) 869-7356

Alan B said:
Sounds great. I was remembering a bike weight limit on a race, which was that?

No weight limit, must be a bicycle with motor assist and working pedals. But as I have always said about HP...lets use a little common sense please!

Looks like April is wide open for my race schedule. As of right now, first race of the year is in March, and then the next two races aren't until May, so I will be free to go do the ebike races in April.

It is almost midnight. I am still wiring up the new 24 fet controller, that I got from Lyen at last weekends race, to my crystalyte 5303. I am dog tired. Race day is tomorrow. Need to prop my eyelids open with tooth picks. Much thanks to Lyen for overnighting connectors and such so I can toss that brick of sensorless controller in the spare parts box. Good for backup, bad for racing. Wish me luck tomorrow that it all holds together. Still haven't had time to address the issue yet of my chain coming off and wedging in the chain guard. May not have time for a test ride either...No time, No time, No time...

Heading to the race. Running late as usual. Wish me luck. I don't think there are going to be too many electrics representing. See ya....

Best of luck Evo

KiM

Good luck evo.

Thanks guy for the wishing me luck. Well I left a long message but my phone is messing up out here in the desert so it didn't post. I have a long ride home ahead of me so I'll post maybe tomorrow. My bike was wicked fast :twisted:. Was racing in the top few. Blew a glass fuse in the first race. That 24 fet controller that I got from Lyen is fast. It jumped me right to the front 2nd or third position from the start, and I was three to four tiered back from the starting line each race. Made a good showing for the e-bikes with the exception of not completing either race. The second race I had melted phase wires In a section that I had adapted for either/or connectors, but the wires were a little smaller gauge. That new controller sure pointed it out to me! Thanks so much to Lyen and JimmieD for overnighting me the controller connectors and the batteries respectively. Without them, I couldn't have raced. Thanks again to Dave who organized and the rest that helped to make this happen. I was the only e-bike racing. ???? If there are any races to show up for, these are it. We get to go head to head with the gassers every race. I would believe that there is footage of the race at motorbicyling.com.

Yahoo, sounds like you really upped the ante since last week. I wondered why you didn't look faster at the grange, and now I get it. Fun to run up front, even for a lap or two!

Thanks Evoforce for your support of Halloween Death Race 2011, really glad you made it out. That bike was fast and if it was not for my youth and my crazy no fear in the corners I am not sure if I would have got around you.

Thank You for coming out and representing the E-Bikes, two thumbs up buddy!

Attachments

• ed.jpg
    ed.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,481
That's badass Evo! I have to say, Evo is representing the Sphere in a big way this year. Can't wait to see you at the Death race bud, you should have all the weak links ironed out by then. We'll have to camp out at the track and get a huge bonfire going with all our dead cells from the previous year. :twisted:

Back