Magic pie 3

but A2B tyre is bad.
I lost maneuverability, Increased rotating weight, increased inertia mass, lost rear-shock efficiency.

Found shortest valve 20" 1.75-2.125 tube -> "No Flats Joe's Self Sealing Inner Tube" http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=83598
so I back to normal tyre =)

I wonder how long the the motor connections will last.
Because the wires are just secured by a little screw on the controller :shock:

Also I like the design, but finishing touch is horrible!
Almost no heatsink compound between the fets and the heatsink, drilling skills like amateur with hand drill etc...etc...

I'd love to make a nice subtle looking 500W front wheel drive commuter but oh the look of the MP3, it's so 'in your face'. Geared BPM Bafang just purchased as a result.

I even thought of buying and sandblasting an MP2 just so it didnt stand out so much.

At least on a rear wheel you can cover it up with panniers. Great performance, but looks awful...

Yes me too I like stealth look.
O well first I have to test it :lol:

Before painting it to my colour 8)
Also the Magic Pie paint job could better, I think they did't clean the surfaces.
So can see you dirts, scratches, etc etc :shock:

if you like the stealth look the smart pie is not much bigger then your cassette or disk brake. i have both and smart pie is a good little motor so far. does around 24 mph on the flats with a 48v battery.

My second 20" magicpie got rim bend with less than 1000km of usage.

Samd said:
I'd love to make a nice subtle looking 500W front wheel drive commuter but oh the look of the MP3, it's so 'in your face'. Geared BPM Bafang just purchased as a result.

I even thought of buying and sandblasting an MP2 just so it didnt stand out so much.

At least on a rear wheel you can cover it up with panniers. Great performance, but looks awful...

Yeah your right, they look awful, I hate looking at mine!

017.jpg

But for stealth, people would have to be a moron to not realize its a motor. But they are out there!

Gary

iperov said:
My second 20" magicpie got rim bend with less than 1000km of usage.

It would be interesting to know how you managed to bend a solid casted rim. The pot hole must have be enormous!

Anyone that makes any comment on these always states they are rock solid! Are you saying you have done this twice?

GMHubMotorAD.jpg

Gary

because material of casted rim is soft alluminium 6000
little bumps benting rim all time.

and dynamic of casted rim is fundamentally different from spoked rim. Casted rim eating energy of bump to local area of bottom point, to soft al6000.
Spoked rim , when got bump energy, reduces tension of bottom spokes, then transfer energy of bump to top of rim, causing increasing tension of upper spokes, causing more smoothly rim deformation for energy eating.

All my magic pies 20" worked on rear shock FOX DHX.
First magic pie:
1.jpg

Second magic pie:
2.jpg

And now I installed spoked conhismotor 20"
3.jpg

Back