Perth Electrikhana 2020 - Canning River Eco Education Centre, March 7th

jonescg

100 MW
EK2020 image.JPG
Can you believe the Perth Electrikhana has been running for TEN YEARS! We've been showcasing electric cars, bikes, motorcycles, scooters, go-karts and just about anything electric since 2010. We've come a long way.

https://www.electrikhana.org/wa.html

Bookings for test-drives can be made through the Electrikhana website - $5 to drive or ride in the cars (covers our insurance bills) and free general entry. AEVA members are get everythings. Except food from the food trucks or the cafe.

Canning River Eco Education Centre, by the beautiful Canning River weir, Saturday March 7th from 9 am to 4 pm.

Proudly brought to you by the Australian Electric Vehicle Association - 47 years of promoting EVs. Must be one of the oldest in the world I think?

See you there!
Chris

Hillhater said:
sounds good jonescg,
Are you aware of anything similar planned over near us on the East coast ?
I went to one..over 10 years ago... in Sydney, but heard nothing since ?

Entertain Newcastle held one last year, plus there is always some kind of a public drive day held as part of the National Science Week EV Festival in Newy. We had our expo at the Sydney Showgrounds late last year where there was a test-drive event too.

I would say check the AEVA Website for more details, but if there is a test-drive event organised by the AEVA, it will be featured on the Electrikhana.org site.

Hillhater said:
Ahh, OK, Thanks for that.
im out of the city these days on the south coast, but will keep an eye open for the next event.

Depending on how far south you want to go... and a little west... In South Australia we're have the Uraidla Sustainability Fair and Charge Up the Hill events in March.
Charge Up the Hill is a rolling e-bike event from the Adelaide Parklands up to Uraidla, a small hamlet in the Adelaide Hills... about a 20km ride with a 600m climb.
This year we're planning to have an EV Muster, though I'll switch the organising crew on to AEVA... like the pun in Electrikhana too so will do some ground work before our next meeting.

Electrikhana 2024 will be but a whimper compared to events of yore. You can test drive most vehicles at showrooms now, so we might just make it an informative workshop.

Back