New Controller, Turnigy Fatboy

nechaus

100 kW
Hey guys i just wanted to show you,
pretty excited, biggest rc controller iv ever owned

Now to find out if it blows up running 10s on my lawn mower.
i wanted crazy rpm as the blade is using something similar to a line trimmer, except this is using bicycle brake cable.

Attachments

• DSCN0338.JPG
    DSCN0338.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 2,901
That's a big box, any chance of some internal pics before it's blown?

actually, i wont open it just yet, i have no more thermal paste to reapply, i wanna test it out first.
it came with a program box to

Attachments

• DSCN0344.JPG
    DSCN0344.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 839
i just looked at this controller on hobbyking and i couldnt help but take note of the disclaimer:

WARNING
This ESC is suited to R/C model applications only. Do not attempt to use it to power Push Bikes, Mountain boards, go-karts or similar machines. The programming logic is only designed for R/C Plane and Heli use. No warranty will be offered for incorrect use of this item.

:twisted: :evil: :lol:

thats why i hope it does not blow, i have blown a 10s controller very under-rated,
i have another 6s controller that does 220 amps, that thing has no problem running the lawn mower

def215 said:
i just looked at this controller on hobbyking and i couldnt help but take note of the disclaimer:

WARNING
This ESC is suited to R/C model applications only. Do not attempt to use it to power Push Bikes, Mountain boards, go-karts or similar machines. The programming logic is only designed for R/C Plane and Heli use. No warranty will be offered for incorrect use of this item.

Ypedal said:
we must be getting noticed lol...

Excuse me, if you use that thing on a conventional rotary mower, you're using it as though it were a helicopter. Hell, just put a radio on it and you should be well within the warranty.

I assume this thing runs sensorless motors.

nechaus which controller is it your running 6s 220amp, reliable?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14500 190 -200 amp, sorry my mistake
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8920 150 amp,

not 220 amp,

These seem to run this motor at 5s
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14426

but the motor needs 10s, and i tried an 80 amp controller and a 160 amp
busted a cap 30 seconds after hitting wot

one of them was this model
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17981 it blew up, but worked after one cap died, eventually the last one blew as well

first time using these rc things, maybe it was poor programming as i never programmed it

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17984

This is the line trimmer motor, it also blew a controller running 10s, but it only needs 5s as it has a highish kv. Kills weeds and grass easily with 5s, almost to powerful but works like a charm with little throttle

Dauntless said:
def215 said:

WARNING

Ypedal said:
we must be getting noticed lol...

Excuse me, if you use that thing on a conventional rotary mower, you're using it as though it were a helicopter. Hell, just put a radio on it and you should be well within the warranty.

I assume this thing runs sensorless motors.

Excellent point. Maybe a couple stickers would help seal the deal. :D

iv spent a alot, but less than buying this kinda stuff off the shelf for the same power and capacity

These machines will be used by a gardening service, once they are 100% completed, just waiting on my 3d printer to make some parts
The original idea was to make them really light to use, super powerful for big gardening jobs

The line trimmer is great with an Rc motor, controller ect... just beats the Sh*t out of any electric line trimmer you buy from a shop, after 15mins of use, the most iv tested, the motor is hardly warm at all.
Has so much damm power the thing will kick when you go wot, pretty fun to use

Tested most of the branded cordless line trimmers, they use the cheapest parts, like for e.g. 18 and 36 volt ryobi, johnson motors with tiny brushes
same as the other brand, they use super cheap stuff, most of the cost would be the plastic material, batteries and charger.

So far im not disappointed in buying the fatboy, it is expensive, but it is light, and the rc motor is light as well. Power is there if i need it

off the shelf electric cordless Lawn mowers using like 4 ah-10ah @ 36 volts, pretty craptacular
Ryobi has 18 volt 2.4ah /1.5ah and 36volt 3ah for line trimmer

i have 16ah/ 8ah 5s pack for line trimmer,
24ah and 32 ah 10s for the lawn mower,

Any update on the fatboy controller?

Back