CAv3 pas

Jost

10 mW
Background: Grin package ezee geared, cav3, throttle, ebrake, speed, cadence sensors.

Everything seems to work fine except pas. The features description leads me to believe I can have different pas levels in the different modes (I have all three modes invoked). Although I can get different power level limits etc in the modes pas is either on or off.

I have one mode with no pas. The other two are in auto pas but when going to one of those modes and setting the watts assist for pas it changes in the other mode that has auto pas turned on as well. So, I'm getting one assist level for any modes that have pas on.

I've been through the manual a couple of times but not picking up one what I'm doing wrong. Hopefully, not too dumb a question, but this is my first conversion so just learning..... :(

Thanks for any help,

Jim

You did not describe which firmware you are using (called out on the splash screen when you boot). However, from the symptom I would guess you are using the out-of-box production firmware - probably 3.03.

You are having a problem because the parameter in question is global, not per-parameter and so affects all presets instead of just one. The manual describes how you can discern the parameter type from the navigation arrows in the CA Console Setup. You can also see the difference in the Setup Utility on your PC.

Ca3NavArrows.png

In 3.0x, the AutoPAS power is a global variable that affects all presets - you cannot set this differently for each preset.

PasSetup_3-03.png

You might consider upgrading to the newer 3.1 beta firmware (presently 3.1b20) which will give you a bunch more features and also allow per-preset PAS levels. See the Grin CA V3 page and download the Software Setup utility 1.4x. The downside is that the many settings have been revised and the User Guide will not always match up 100%. On the upside, there are Release Notes and descriptions in the CA3 Beta Thread.

PasSetup_3-1b20.png

Thanks for your help.

Will look into the firmware and will have to come up with a cable if I want to try a firmware up grade.

Thanks for the links as well!

Jim

Not sure where you're located (put your location in your profile!), but HiPoweredCycles was selling official CA USB cables on eBay for about $10 for many months. Great deal!

(A quick check shows they have one left: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Cycle-Analyst-V3-USB-TTL-Cable-Data-Logging-Programming-Grin-CA-DP-V2-DPS-3M-/182174220824?hash=item2a6a6e0218:g:6kcAAOSw1x1UPsRh)

I'm in Ft Myers Fl. Checked when I went for a ride last night and it's 3.03 on the screen at start up.

Appreciate your help. It dawns on me that the cable for the satiator may work with the CA........

Jim

Back