Made the leap!!!

Patriot

10 kW
Well, a partial leap anyway.

I just ordered my Crystalyte 5303 rear hub motor. But mine is the matte black hub, not the silver hub. Is there a differance? I asked tge gal on the hone if their new shipment will have silver hubs, and she said, "No, their all black as far as I know".

Well, at least I can get the bike built, ready to install the controller and battery when that time comes.

Anyway, I got it for $409.99 plus $25 in shipping. Not too bad, but I am hoping more dealers will be able to sell them, so the prices can come down even a little further.

I wanted to buy one from Ebikes.ca but theirs comes with the rim installed, and they have to cut the spokes off. So I could have saved a bit on shipping, but the guy said the price was the same at $485. For $75 saving, I was willing to go elsewhere. :( Bummer, I was hoping to deal with Justin, as everyone says he good to deal with.

Isn't he somewhere in Calgary now?

Cool. My wife's from Calgary. :mrgreen:

I already bought a set of Alex DM18 700c double wall, 24.9mm wide rims. They are nice, because the even have eyelets in the spoke holes. And for only $16 from http://www.ebikestop.com, it's a good deal. Heavy rims, but definitely durable. Good for touring, or for a beginners 29er rim.

I plan on running 700x32c Schwalbe Marathons.

Now I just need to get a set of 13ga spokes.

Back